Pioneer homegrown crypto exchange Moneybees announced their partnership with household pawnshop brand Tambunting. The pawnshop with over 1,200 branches nationwide will be one of its partner over-the-counter (OTC) outlets offering crypto buy and sell services. The collaboration aims to make cryptocurrency transactions more accessible for Filipinos all over the country.
“The landscape in the money service business has evolved over time from the traditional to the digital way of doing things. The taste and preferences of our customers have likewise changed. Our company sees the need to keep up with the times and learn to adapt to changes otherwise, we will not be able to continue as a going concern. We have to cross-sell and add more products and services,” Nora Daileg, Tambunting Compliance Officer, stated.
Daileg also expressed that Tambunting aims to expand their market and serve the needs of the Generation Z and Millennials “since this is the age of the cryptos.”
“We see this as an opportunity to augment our income and be able to expand our market,” she added.
Initially, Moneybees has activated crypto exchange services at 10 selected Tambunting branches across Metro Manila.
The ten branches are:
- Tambunting P Tuazon – #425 P. Tuazon Marilag 3 Quezon City
- Tambunting Sta. Ana – 1061 GF AP Reyes St. Olympia Makati City
- Tambunting HQ – 5F Phildaf Bldg Sen Gil Puyat Ave Makati City
- Tambunting McArthur – G/F Medalla Bldg, No. 596 EDSA Gen McArthur Ave. Brgy Socorro, Cubao, Quezon City
- Tambunting Retiro – 270 NS Amoranto St, Brgy. Salvacion, Quezon City
- Tambunting Marimar – 4720 Sampaguita St., Marimar Village, Brgy. Sun Valley, Parañaque City
- Tambunting Kakarong – 2957 Kakarong corner Kalayaan Avenue, Olympia, Makati City
- Tambunting GuadaMall – MF 24 Main Guadalupe Commercial Complex, EDSA, Guadalupe
- Tambunting Junction – Cainta Star Valley Plaza Mall, Ortigas Avenue Extension, Sto Domingo, Cainta, Rizal
- Tambunting Sucat – 7474 Kabesang Segundo, Fortunata Village, San Isidro, Paranaque City
“This is a ground-breaking opportunity to partner with a reliable institution like Tambunting, which has been in the industry and trusted by Filipino families for over a century. The crypto ecosystem is at a critical growth juncture, and we are committed to helping accelerate its trajectory by providing a simple and secure way of buying and selling crypto via OTC,” Moneybees CEO Paulo del Puerto expressed.
Moneybees Forex Corporation is registered and regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) and the Anti Money Laundering Council (AMLC) as a Virtual Asset Service Provider (VASP). It is the first cryptocurrency over-the-counter service in the Philippines, founded in 2017, making the exchange between fiat and virtual currencies more accessible to many. Through Moneybees, customers can buy or cash out crypto from any wallet, such as Metamask, Binance, PDAX, and Trust Wallet, among others. Transaction limits are up to P5,000,000 in one day.
Aside from Tambunting, the crypto exchange also collaborated recently with ACM Business Solution Inc. to roll out crypto buy and sell services through its GoVIP centers which aims to cater to the increasing demand for over-the-counter transactions for cryptocurrency users in the country. The partnership added the 1330 active AMC outlets to its OTC partners nationwide. (Read more: Moneybees Partners with ACM, Rolls Out Crypto Exchange Services Nationwide)
Last year, Moneybees added 100 more OTC outlets in major regions such as Cebu, Davao, Baguio, Iloilo, Naga, and Bicol. (Read more: Filipino Crypto Company Moneybees to Open 100 More OTC Outlets)
This article is published on BitPinas: Moneybees Partners with Tambunting for OTC Services
Disclaimer: BitPinas articles and its external content are not financial advice. The team serves to deliver independent, unbiased news to provide information for Philippine-crypto and beyond.