Subscribe to our newsletter!
Editing by Nathaniel Cajuday
- Pitaka, a homegrown wallet produced by Filipino-led Tetrix, revealed that it has successfully integrated two web3 projects on its platform, Transak and Unstoppable Domains, to provide easier and simpler crypto transactions for its users.
- The Pitaka x Transak integration will enable the wallet’s users to purchase crypto directly with PHP using their debit cards, credit cards, GCash, Maya, GrabPay, and ShopeePay within the app.
- While the Pitaka x Unstoppable Domains integration will enable the wallet’s users to choose and personalize their domain names, similar to Maya, Ethereum (.eth), and Tezos (.tez).
Homegrown digital wallet Pitaka, developed by Filipino-led web3 firm Tetrix, has announced that it has successfully integrated two other web3 projects into its platform. The collaboration aims to provide its users with “a simple and convenient way to buy crypto.”
Pitaka x Transak
With the integration on Transak, which will be the wallet’s fiat on-ramp support, Pitaka users can now purchase cryptocurrencies directly with Philippine Peso using their debit cards, credit cards, GCash, Maya, GrabPay, and ShopeePay within the app.
“Transak is a trusted and reliable provider of fiat on-ramp services with a track record of successful partnerships with leading cryptocurrency companies. The integration of Transak’s fiat on-ramp is a key step in Pitaka’s mission to make it easy for users to buy, sell, and use cryptocurrencies,” said Ralph Acabado, the Founder and Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Tetrix.
Transak is a web3 onboarding infrastructure provider that enables applications to accept fiat-to-crypto deposits from a global user base. Last October, it announced its merger with several Filipino fintech firms and financial institutions, with a similar goal and agreement with Pitaka.
“We’re glad that we can provide new payment methods for Pitaka, and we hope more and more users benefit from this as we strive to make onboarding easier and more seamless for mainstream adoption,” Etienne Gandon, Transak’s Business Development Analyst, said on the firm’s partnership.
How to buy crypto using Pitaka:
To add crypto to your Pitaka with Transak:
- Login into the Mobile Pitaka App.
- Navigate to the “Buy” section of the Pitaka platform.
- Select the cryptocurrency that you want to purchase and enter the amount that you want to buy.
- Follow the prompts to complete the Transak payment process. This may include entering your personal and financial information, as well as any additional security measures required by Transak.
- Once the payment has been completed and verified, the purchased cryptocurrency will be credited to your Pitaka account.
Pitaka x Unstoppable Domains
With the integration of NFT domain provider Unstoppable Domains, crypto transactions are now expected to be simpler and more intuitive in the Pitaka wallet, as the collaboration will power a new feature where users can now use human-readable domain names when buying or sending crypto assets.
“NFT domains provide a secure and user-friendly way to store and manage non-fungible assets on the blockchain. Because they are stored on the blockchain, they are resistant to censorship and control by any single entity, and they can’t be lost or stolen like physical assets can. Additionally, because they use a standard domain name format, they are easy for users to understand and use,” Acabado explained.
Instead of having to share a long and confusing wallet address, Pitaka users can now purchase crypto wallet address names provided by Unstoppable Domains and use them to send and receive crypto or other digital assets. The domain functions like Maya’s username scheme or even Ethereum Name Service (ENS) and Tezos Domains.
“We’re thrilled to partner with Tetrix and Pitaka to give more people ownership and control of their identity,” said Sandy Carter, Senior Vice President and Channel Chief at Unstoppable Domains.
What is Pitaka?
Launched in May 2022, Pitaka is a self-custodial digital wallet that allows users to store their crypto assets and interact with NFT marketplaces, play and earn games, decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs), and decentralized finance (DeFi) applications.
Acabado also noted how self-custody wallets are on the rise as more people become aware of the importance of keeping their assets safe.
“They offer a high level of security, sovereignty, privacy, and control over their money and private financial information. Pitaka, now integrated with Transak, makes it even easier for customers to access crypto and Web3 with peace of mind,” he explained.
Currently, Pitaka supports more than 18,000 cryptocurrencies built on top of 25 blockchains, including established altcoins such as Ether, Binance Coin, and Polygon.
This article is published on BitPinas: Transak, Unstoppable Domains Join Pitaka to Let Users Buy Crypto Using PHP, Create Custom Domain Username
Disclaimer: BitPinas articles and its external content are not financial advice. The team serves to deliver independent, unbiased news to provide information for Philippine-crypto and beyond.