BitPinas. NEO, known to many as the Chinese Etherium is slowly but surely making its way in the crypto exchange scene. One of the 20 best-performing digital coins, we will briefly discuss NEO and teach you how to buy one here in the Philippines.
This article had a slight modification on October 2, 2018.
What is NEO?
Table of Contents
NEO is a non-profit blockchain project founded in China in 2014. It is the first to have a decentralized and open-source cryptocurrency in the said country. Some may recognize it as Antshares, which they later changed to its current name, NEO.
Dubbed as the Ethereum Killer or Chinese Ethereum, it aims to be an even better currency than its predecessor. It has the basic ETH functions and reinforced it to close the loopholes that, NEO claims, make transactions in ETH vulnerable to hackers.
How to buy NEO in the Philippines
Buy NEO at Binance
- Binance is one of the largest cryptocurrency exchange in terms of volume. Register at Binance here. To buy from Binance, send your BTC from a wallet like Coins.ph to your Bitcoin wallet at Binance and then purchase NEO directly on that platform.
Buy NEO at Abra
Abra supports depositing fiat via local banks and through credit cards. You can exchange bitcoins for NEO within the Abra App. Should in case you want to cash out, you can do via partner merchants like Tambunting.
- Download Abra here! (It will ask for your mobile number, start with the PH area code 63.)
- Buy cryptocurrency on Abra through credit card!
Buy NEO from Cryptocurrency Exchanges
Many exchanges globally trade NEO. We will use Bittrex as an example.
- How to fund your Bittrex account with your Coins.ph / Abra Account
- How to buy altcoins from Bittrex for beginners
Steps in buying NEO in Bittrex
- Sign up and have your account ready.
- Ready your Bitcoins in your Coins.ph or Bitbit.cash.
- Send BTC from Coins.ph to your Bittrex BTC wallet.
- Create your Bittrex BTC wallet address by clicking on the + sign.
- Buy NEO using your Bitcoin in Bittrex.
- After purchasing, transfer your NEO to your chosen wallet.
Other ways to buy NEO
- You can get in touch with other NEO traders by joining legit NEO Facebook groups.
- Bitfinex Crypto Exchange
- Binance Crypto Exchange
- HitBTC Crypto Exchange
Best NEO Wallets
NEO recommends the following wallets to store your NEO coins:
- For mobile apps
- NEO App
- For desktop
- Neon Wallet
- For Web
- NEO Tracker
- NEO Wallet
NEO Philippines Tips
- If you happen to find another NEO trader and decided to meet up, make sure both of you are in a secured public place before making a transaction.
- Bitbit.cash and Coins.ph, two wallets most commonly used in the Philippines don’t support NEO. You have to use a NEO wallet.
- Don’t use the crypto exchange site to store your NEO. Keep them safe inside your wallet.
- How to Buy Ethereum in the Philippines
- How to Buy Litecoin in the Philippines
- Steps to Buy Bitcoin Cash in the Philippines
- List of Licensed Virtual Currency Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Exchanges in the Philippines
- List of CEZA-Approved Offshore Crypto Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Wallets
- List of Bitcoin Wallets
- List of LoyalCoin Partners
- Philippines Blockchain Business Directory
- List of Philippine Blockchain Events
- Bitcoin to PHP
- Cryptocurrency Charts in Pesos
Notes and Disclaimer:
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter! Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here.
- Invest in bitcoins (or in any altcoins) only the amount you can afford to lose!
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your bitcoin and cryptocurrency investment.
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, check the people behind it, its mission, and other details to ensure that they are worth investing for. Don’t invest in something you don’t know.
- This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. There is no substitute for doing your own research. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.