2nd Update: As our writer Gino mentioned, It’s ETH. ETC has almost the same logo but the horizontal “diamond” in the middle has space in between. ETH only has the bottom space.
1st Update: Users reported that the logo’s color resembles that of ethereum classic, but the announcement specifically said ethereum. We’ve asked Coins.ph to verify.
While bitcoin is the current king of the crypto-market, ethereum (ether) is one of the best performing cryptocurrencies today. Users from the Philippines, for so long, have been looking for ways to buy ether with fiat money (pesos), because the existing methods are a bit cumbersome.
Well, the wait is over, as Coins.ph now allows select users to buy ethereum through its mobile app!
How to Buy Ether in the Philippines through Coins.ph
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Buy Ether in the Philippines through Coins.ph
- 2 How to Sell Ethereum on Coins.ph
- 3 I have Android but I cannot find the Ether Wallet. Where is it?
- 4 What is the benefit of using Coins.ph to buy ether in the Philippines?
- 5 What are the disadvantages of using Coins.ph to buy ether?
- 6 What is the difference between buying ether on Abra and buying ether on Coins.ph?
- 7 Can I send ERC-20 tokens to my Coins.ph ethereum wallet?
- 8 Overall
This guide assumes you already have a Coins.ph wallet. If not, click here. Also, note that buying ethereum on Coins.ph is only possible on the wallet’s Android app right now. If you are on iPhone or primarily using the Coins.ph desktop, you will have to wait a bit longer.
- Sign in with your Coins.ph account.
- You will arrive at your Peso wallet. Fund your account through accredited stores.
- The easiest way is to fund it via 7-eleven.
- Once you fund your account, swipe right to see your Ether Wallet.
- Create an Ether Wallet.
- Note that there is a Php 20 fee. This money goes to the Ethereum blockchain and not to Coins.ph
- Click Convert PHP to ETH.
- Specify an amount of PHP you want to get converted to ETH.
- Swipe “Slide to Convert”.
- You just bought ether on Coins.ph!
How to Sell Ethereum on Coins.ph
Simply convert your ETH to Php by clicking “Convert” on the Ether Wallet dashboard.
I have Android but I cannot find the Ether Wallet. Where is it?
(Update!) We messaged Coins.ph about this. Since this feature is at an early stage, it is only available to select Android users, and among those Android users, they selected those who are active users of the platform. The Coins.ph team is working to expand this to a wider audience. If this is you, click here for other ways to buy ether from PH.
What is the benefit of using Coins.ph to buy ether in the Philippines?
The biggest advantage is convenience. Your Coins.ph account can be funded through 7-eleven. A conversion to ether is just a click of a button. Beginners in cryptocurrency are encouraged to utilized simpler methods to trade coins before going all out with using advanced cryptocurrency exchange platforms.
What are the disadvantages of using Coins.ph to buy ether?
The fees may be or may not be higher when you use Coins.ph. Also, you cannot set how many ether you want to buy from the PHP that you want to convert. The conversion is set by Coins.ph.
What is the difference between buying ether on Abra and buying ether on Coins.ph?
In Abra, you are not really buying ether. You are only buying “the price” of ether. You can click here for more details.
Can I send ERC-20 tokens to my Coins.ph ethereum wallet?
No. This is not supported. Please do not attempt this.
Allowing the option to buy and hold ethereum in Coins.ph puts the wallet app ahead of the game in terms of the available cryptocurrency apps in the country. We are hoping that the feature will be available soon for iPhone and desktop users.
- How to Buy Ethereum in the Philippines
- Buy Ether Through Abra
- Altcoin / Peso Exchange Launching in the Philippines Soon
- List of Licensed Virtual Currency Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Exchanges in the Philippines
- List of CEZA-Approved Offshore Crypto Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Wallets
- List of Bitcoin Wallets
- List of LoyalCoin Partners
- Philippines Blockchain Business Directory
- List of Philippine Blockchain Events
- Bitcoin to PHP
- Cryptocurrency Charts in Pesos
Notes and Disclaimer:
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter! Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here.
- Invest in bitcoins (or in any altcoins) only the amount you can afford to lose!
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your bitcoin and cryptocurrency investment.
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, check the people behind it, its mission, and other details to ensure that they are worth investing for. Don’t invest in something you don’t know.
- This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. There is no substitute for doing your own research. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.