OmiseGO aims to provide a digital coordination between payment processors, gateways, and financial institutions. It is a subsidiary of Omise, a payment gateway service provider prominent in Southeast Asia and has operation hubs in Thailand, Japan, Indonesia, and Singapore.
This article had a slight modification on October 2, 2018.
OmiseGO (OMG) wants to disrupt exchanges, payment processors, and financial institutions through the OMG network. Currently, if you want to trade your bitcoin for ether you will have to deal with an exchange site to trade. With OMG network and its coordination between cryptocurrencies (plus other currencies, asset types, national borders, and corporate ledgers) you can exchange your BTC to ETH directly.
If you want to read more about OmiseGO feel free to check their OmiseGO guide HERE.
OmiseGO has their own token called OMG and here is how you can get one.
How to Buy OMG in the Philippines
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Buy OMG in the Philippines
- 2 Buy OmiseGO on Abra
- 3 Step by Step Guide to Buy OMG from the Philippines using Binance
- 4 Buy OMG using credit card with Changelly
- 5 Update: Mar. 28, 2018: Buy OmiseGO from Abra:
- 6 OMG Wallet
- 7 Other Ways to Buy OMG
- 8 Can I keep my OMG at Coins.ph and Bitbit?
- 9 Overall
We have articles in using Bittrex and Binance for trading any altcoins. Binance has the largest volume of OMG trades.
Two things to notes. Some exchanges do not accept applications at the moment. If your choice of exchange does that, simply find another exchange. 2nd, understand that OMG is traded usually against bitcoin or ether and not against any fiat currency. This is the same for most altcoins.
Buy OmiseGO on Abra
Abra supports depositing fiat via local banks and through credit cards. You can exchange bitcoins for OMG within the Abra App. Should in case you want to cash out, you can do via partner merchants like Tambunting.
- Download Abra here! (It will ask for your mobile number, start with the PH area code 63.)
- Buy cryptocurrency on Abra through credit card!
Step by Step Guide to Buy OMG from the Philippines using Binance
- Register for Binance here.
- Send Bitcoin from your Coins.ph or Abra accounts to your BTC wallet in Binance.
- You can also use Buybitcoin.ph and use the Binance BTC wallet as your destination address.
- Go to Binance’s OMG page.
- Buy OMG using instructions from this article.
- Depending on how much worth of OMG you want, proceed to transfer your OMG coins to an OMG wallet.
Buy OMG using credit card with Changelly
The Changelly platform allows anyone to purchase OMG using credit card or debit card. You can also use bitcoins and other altcoins to trade for OMG.
Update: Mar. 28, 2018: Buy OmiseGO from Abra:
Other Ways to Buy OMG
You can click HERE to check other cryptocurrency exchange sites.
Can I keep my OMG at Coins.ph and Bitbit?
No, Coins.ph currently supports BTC, ETH, and BCH. Bitbit.cash, on the other hand, supports BTC.
OmiseGO’s goal sounds promising as a trader as you don’t need to pay extra transaction fee just to get your crypto of choice. Again, the network doesn’t just revolve around cryptos it can also be used in fiat and other assets.
- Tips for Avoiding Cryptocurrency Scams
- New Bitcoin Software Update Adds Full SegWit Support
- The best wallets to protect your cryptocurrency tokens
- List of Licensed Virtual Currency Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Exchanges in the Philippines
- List of CEZA-Approved Offshore Crypto Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Wallets
- List of Bitcoin Wallets
- List of LoyalCoin Partners
- Philippines Blockchain Business Directory
- List of Philippine Blockchain Events
- Bitcoin to PHP
- Cryptocurrency Charts in Pesos
Notes and Disclaimer:
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter! Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here.
- Invest in bitcoins (or in any altcoins) only the amount you can afford to lose!
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your bitcoin and cryptocurrency investment.
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, check the people behind it, its mission, and other details to ensure that they are worth investing for. Don’t invest in something you don’t know.
- This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. There is no substitute for doing your own research. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.