Qtum sits as one of the top 20 best performing cryptocurrencies according to Coinmarketcap. Said to have the best of bitcoin and ethereum, let’s discuss briefly Qtum and where you can purchase it in the country.
Table of Contents
Qtum’s is deemed having the best of both worlds. These are the unfailing infrastructure of Bitcoin and Ethereum’s virtual machine.
Qtum has smart contracts that are fully compatible with Ethereum’s. This means if your business is running smart contracts on Ethereum, you will not have any problem should you switch to Qtum’s.
Next, it has “Simple Payment Verification”, allowing Qtum to offer blockchain applications in mobile apps.
Qtum was trading on around $11 in December 2017 and it shot up to $60 early in January 2018. By the time we last updated this article, Qtum is sitting around the $17 mark.
How to buy Qtum in the Philippines
Since this is not bitcoin or ether, Qtum can’t be traded directly with Pesos. Before you dismiss this coin, remember that most altcoins are traded against the bitcoin. This means most people around the world cannot get this cryptocurrency with their fiat.
If you follow our steps, however, you can get Qtum even if you are in the Philippines.
The best way to buy Qtum is through a foreign cryptocurrency exchange. We have articles on how to use Bittrex and Binance; both exchanges have Qtum. Although, depending on when you read this article, both of them might not be accepting “new users”. If you are an existing user, then there’s no problem.
- How to transfer BTC from Coins.ph to Bittrex (the process should be similar if you are transferring from Coins.ph into another exchange).
- How to trade bitcoins for altcoins using Binance
What if the exchange does not accept new users?
If the exchanges do not accept new users, know that you can use other exchanges. While their interfaces might be different, they both have similar functions on how to trade, buy, and sell coins.
Step by Step Guide to Buy Qtum from the Philippines Using Binance
- Send bitcoins from Coins.ph to your BTC wallet in Binance.
- Go to Binance’s QTUM page.
- Buy QTUM using instructions in this article.
- Once you are done, transfer your coins from Binance to another Qtum wallet.
Recommended Qtum Wallets
- Qtum Core (desktop and mobile)
- Ledger Nano (hardware)
Can I send my Qtum back to Coins.ph or Bitbit?
No. They only accept bitcoin. (Although select users in Coins.ph have an ethereum wallet).
In January 2018, Qtum landed two partners that will use its blockchain. The first is with a firm called “360 Finance”. This company owns a popular search engine in China. The second is Baofeng, which owns a streaming service, also in China. There are rumors that Qtum is going to land a major global partner soon. There are many cryptocurrency projects with no partnerships who will use their blockchain. Qtum has partnerships with the product it has. Whoever that global partner will be, we will wait to see if this will affect the value of this cryptocurrency.
- How to buy ethereum in the Philippines
- Where to keep your cryptocurrency safe
- Bitcoin over the counter?
Notes and Disclaimer:
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter!
- Invest in bitcoins (or in any altcoins) only the amount you can afford to lose!
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your bitcoin and cryptocurrency investment.
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, check the people behind it, its mission, and other details to ensure that they are worth investing for. Don’t invest in something you don’t know.
- This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. There is no substitute for doing your own research.