Qtum sits as one of the top 30 best performing cryptocurrencies according to Coinmarketcap. Said to have the best of bitcoin and ethereum by its followers, let’s discuss briefly Qtum and where you can purchase it in the country.
Table of Contents
- 1 Qtum
- 2 Value Activity
- 3 How to buy Qtum in the Philippines
- 4 How to buy Qtum through Binance
- 5 How to purchase Qtum using credit card
- 6 Update: Mar. 28, 2018: Buy Qtum from Abra:
- 7 Recommended Qtum Wallets
- 8 Can I send my Qtum back to Coins.ph or Bitbit?
- 9 Overall
Qtum’s is said to have the unfailing infrastructure of Bitcoin and Ethereum’s virtual machine.
Qtum has smart contracts that are fully compatible with Ethereum’s. This means if your business is running smart contracts on Ethereum, you will not have any problem should you switch to Qtum’s.
Next, it has “Simple Payment Verification”, allowing Qtum to offer blockchain applications in mobile apps.
Qtum was trading on around $11 in December 2017 and it shot up to $60 early in January 2018. By the time we last updated this article, Qtum is sitting around the $4.75 mark (September 2018).
How to buy Qtum in the Philippines
Since this is not bitcoin or ether, Qtum can’t be traded directly with Pesos. Before you dismiss this coin, remember that most altcoins are traded against the bitcoin. This means most people around the world cannot get this cryptocurrency with their fiat.
If you follow our steps, however, you can get Qtum even if you are in the Philippines.
The best way to buy Qtum is through a foreign cryptocurrency exchange.
How to buy Qtum through Binance
Binance is one of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange in terms of volume. You can go to Binance to trade for Qtum.
- Register for Binance here.
- Send your bitcoins from Coins.ph (or other wallets) into your Binance bitcoin wallet address.
- Proceed to QTUM-BTC page by searching for Qtum on Binance’s homepage.
- Trade your bitcoins for Qtum.
- Click here for the steps on how to trade on Binance.
How to purchase Qtum using credit card
The Changelly platform allows anyone to purchase coins such as Qtum using credit card or debit card. You can also use Changelly to trade your bitcoins to Qtum.
Update: Mar. 28, 2018: Buy Qtum from Abra:
Recommended Qtum Wallets
- Qtum Core (desktop and mobile)
- Ledger Nano (hardware)
Can I send my Qtum back to Coins.ph or Bitbit?
In January 2018, Qtum landed two partners that will use its blockchain. The first is with a firm called “360 Finance”. This company owns a popular search engine in China. The second is Baofeng, which owns a streaming service, also in China. There are rumors that Qtum is going to land a major global partner soon. There are many cryptocurrency projects with no partnerships who will use their blockchain. Qtum has partnerships with the product it has. Whoever that global partner will be, we will wait to see if this will affect the value of this cryptocurrency.
- How to buy ethereum in the Philippines
- Where to keep your cryptocurrency safe
- Bitcoin over the counter?
Notes and Disclaimer:
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter! Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here.
- Invest in bitcoins (or in any altcoins) only the amount you can afford to lose!
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your bitcoin and cryptocurrency investment.
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, check the people behind it, its mission, and other details to ensure that they are worth investing for. Don’t invest in something you don’t know.
- This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. There is no substitute for doing your own research. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.