(Makati, Philippines) July 22, 2019 – Developers, engineers, professionals, entrepreneurs, and enthusiasts interested to join blockchain meetups and hackathons are treated with a number of events with themes and topics as varied as the study of blockchain. The series of blockchain events will start on July 24 – August 1, 2019.
5 Blockchain/Fintech Events This Week in the Philippines
Table of Contents
- 1 5 Blockchain/Fintech Events This Week in the Philippines
- 2 July 24, 2019 – Holochain Meetup
- 3 July 26, 2019 – WBFex Event
- 4 July 27, 2019 – Blockchain Gamble
- 5 July 30, 2019 – [Manila Ethereum] 4th Anniversary Meetup: Discussion on SEC Crypto Exchange Regulation
- 6 August 1, 2019 – Consensus Circle #2 – Let’s Talk About Our Private Parts
- 7 Useful Resources:
July 24, 2019 – Holochain Meetup
|When||July 24, 2019 from 5:00 pm|
|Where||Launchgarage, Quezon City|
|Registration||Facebook Event Page|
Full-stack software development firm Proudcloud, tokenized cryptocurrency fund Alpha Omega Capital, and premier acceleration hub Launchgarage present a new meetup where attendees can learn more about Holochain’s use cases.
“Understand how Holochain makes it possible to give the internet back to the people, how it differs from Blockchain’s distributed ledger system, and why it is a cloud for every crowd.”
July 26, 2019 – WBFex Event
|When||July 26, 2019 at 1:30 pm|
|Where||Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila|
To be hosted by BlockTides, WBFex, an international crypto exchange, is planning to launch perpetual trading contracts by October 2019 aside from its other suite of products. The event is to be held in Sofitel Manila.
July 27, 2019 – Blockchain Gamble
|When||July 27, 2019 from 1:00 pm|
|Where||WeWork RCBC Plaza|
As per the event’s page:
In the crypto space, we all gamble and predict a bright future for Bitcoin and other Crypto Assets but what kind of algorithms and game machines can we actually create today and how do these games work? That is what we will discuss in our upcoming meetup.
July 30, 2019 – [Manila Ethereum] 4th Anniversary Meetup: Discussion on SEC Crypto Exchange Regulation
|What||[Manila Ethereum] 4th Anniversary Meetup: Discussion on SEC Crypto Exchange Regulation|
|When||July 30, 2019 from 6:00 pm|
In the blockchain and crypto meetup in Makati, the panel will discuss the critical role of crypto exchanges as the backbone of blockchain-based financial market infrastructures. This is a relevant discussion especially when the Philippines Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has recently issued draft regulations governing Digital Asset Exchanges.
August 1, 2019 – Consensus Circle #2 – Let’s Talk About Our Private Parts
|What||Consensus Circle #2 – Let’s Talk About Our Private Parts|
|When||August 1, 2019 from 6:00 pm|
|Where||WeWork RCBC Plaza|
This blockchain meetup in Makati is the 2nd Consensus Circle Meetup. While the first one is a free-flowing discussion on different topics, the August 1 event is focused on privacy and whether we care for it or not.
“Generation Z doesn’t care about privacy. Enhancing privacy encourages criminals. Facebook can’t violate your privacy – because you have no privacy
Inspired by the Youtube series “Middleground”, our panelists will be confronted with and share their opinions on surprise statements regarding cybersecurity, data surveillance, privacy coins, and more.”
Which of the events above are you going to participate in?
BitPinas is chronicling every blockchain event or meetup happening in the Philippines. Check out the list here.
This article originally appeared on BitPinas: 5 Blockchain Events/Meetups in the Next Three Weeks in Metro Manila
- A Growing List of Blockchain Jobs in the Philippines
- List of Licensed Virtual Currency Exchanges in the Philippines
- List of Cryptocurrency Exchanges in the Philippines
- List of CEZA-Approved Offshore Crypto Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Wallets
- List of Bitcoin Wallets
- List of LoyalCoin Partners
- Philippines Blockchain Business Directory
- List of Philippine Blockchain Events
- Bitcoin to PHP
- Cryptocurrency Charts in Pesos
Notes and Disclaimer:
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter!
- Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here
Subscribe to our newsletter: