As of today, only 2 companies in the Philippines secured a license to operate as a virtual currency exchange; just 2 from over 20 applicants as disclosed by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP).
As cryptocurrency continues to move from its underground roots and blockchain secures a place in the tech discussion, not to mention numerous emerging job opportunities, the crypto and blockchain spaces still house bad actors. Will existing policies and regulations in the country protect users from such abuse?
Blockchain, Policy, and Regulation
Table of Contents
“Blockchain, Policy, and Regulation” is an event organized by the Makati Digital Currency Meetup and sponsored by BlockchainSpace Philippines. The key topics are the following:
- Legal, regulatory, and policy areas that blockchain projects can consider
- Implications of decentralized applications and blockchain architecture relative to existing regulations
- How to frame new policies that encourage innovation while also discouraging bad actors and illicit activities
- John Bailon – CEO, SCI Ventures
- Atty. Rafael Padilla – Head of Legal & Compliance, SCI Ventures
- Atty. Gyte Baldonado – Partner, Benitez Salem Baldonado
- Kat Gonzalez – Senior Associate, White Rook Advisory
- Cong. Bullet Jalosjos – 1st District, Zamboanga del Norte
The event will be moderated by Allena Dawn of Coding Girls Manila and Atty. Karl Borja of Benitez Salem Baldonado.
[Event] Blockchain, Policy, and Regulation
June 20, 2018
5:30 pm – 9:00 pm
LG, 111 Paseo de Roxas, Makati, 1229 Metro Manila (Google Maps)
The Makati Digital Currency Meetup is a though group community that seeks to understand the innovation brought about by blockchain and cryptocurrencies, as well as discover opportunities presented by these technology disruptors.
BlockchainSpace Philippines is an initiative by SCI Ventures (Bitbit, Buybitcoin.ph) and Acceler8 (CoWorking Spaces) to promote blockchain awareness in the country.
- For more blockchain and cryptocurrency-related events in the Philippines, please check out the Bitpinas Event Page.
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here.
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter!
- Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.