|The Business of Blockchain|
|Type of Event||Meetup|
|Ticket Price||Free with RSVP|
|Date||July 18, 2018|
|Time||6:00 pm – 9:00 pm|
|Location||Acceler8 Paseo, Makati City|
Learn more about blockchain and its use cases in businesses in this Makati meetup on July 18, 2018. This is a free event (RSVP needed) sponsored by the BlockchainSpace (SCI and Acceler8) and Citadax.
The Business of Blockchain
Table of Contents
From William Mougayar’s book, Business Blockchain, he shares that the blockchain is “an exchange network for moving transactions, value, assets between peers, without the assistance of intermediaries.” It is the evolutionary and logical next phase of the internet technology.
One of its innovation is its use of scripting languages. This is what businesses can program to have a smart contract automatically enforced on the blockchain.
Entrepreneurs who want to get into blockchain don’t need to fully understand how it works on a technical level. They just need to trust their chosen network or platform for them to leverage the blockchain and implement new ways of delivering products and services.
- Erica Valerio – Chief Business Development Officer, SCI
- Aiai Garcia – Asia-Pacific Business Development Officer, ConsenSys
- Colin Christie – Executive Director, Global Chamber Manila
- Jin Gonzalez – Business Development Director of Fintech Business Group at Unionbank
- Jorge Matthew Go – HGR Digital Asset Group
- Miguel Ongpin – Mynt
The meetup event is moderated by Atty. Rafael Padilla, legal counsel of SCI Ventures.
Acceler8 – Paseo de Roxas
LG1, 111 Paseo de Roxas,
Legaspi Village, Makati City
July 18, 2018
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
The event is free but attendees need to RSVP. Check out the registration page here.
- For more blockchain and cryptocurrency-related events in the Philippines, please check out the Bitpinas Event Page.