Blockchain is a technology that is set to disrupt a number of industries. From payments to supply chain, it is said that any industry where “records” are important will be disrupted.
A number of companies, from startups to big companies alike, are applying blockchain in games.
In the upcoming GameFest 2018, these companies will be in the Philippines to exhibit blockchain games to the public.
This article is first published by BitPinas on October 8, 2018.
|Type of Event||Pre-Conference|
|Date:||October 24 – 25, 2018|
|Time||9:30 am onwards|
|Location||SMX Convention Center, Mall of Asia|
|Registration & Reserve Your Tickets at||Eventbrite|
Table of Contents.
GameFest 2018 is a 2-day conference that acts as a pre-event to Electronic Sports and Gaming Summit (ESGS) 2018. GameFest, however, is more developer-focused and seeks to showcase creative works from gaming developers, designers, and creatives from the Philippines and abroad.
Blockchain Game Awards
On October 25, GameFest will host the first IMGA Blockchain Game Awards in the Philippines. Attending the event are leading companies in the blockchain gaming sector like Alto, Gumi, Magnachain, and Enjin.
“We’re excited to bring the IMGA Southeast Asia Awards to the Philippines, and be the host of the first ever IMGA Blockchain Awards. Blockchain games are the future of the game industry and we want the Philippines to be one of the leaders of blockchain games worldwide.” – Gabby Dizon, Co-Founder of Alto.io
GameFest Conference Speakers
- Marla Rausch – CEO, Animation Vertigo Asia
- Hal Bame – CEO, Magnachain.co
- Joony Koo – CEO, Blockcrafters
- Marc Coupal – Business Development Manager, Enjin
- Max Murray – Business Development Manager, Faceware Technologies
- Jim Lipscomb – Senior Motion Capture Animator, Epic Games
- Chad Provencher – Senior Technical Director, House of Moves
- Luna Javier – Creative Director & Co-Founder, Altitude Games
- Tony Zander – SVP of Product and Development, Vectr Ventures
- Ronnie Tan – Managing Director, Gumi Asia
- Gabby Dizon – Chairman & Co-Founder, Alto
- Irene Umar – Partner, Discovery Nusantara Capital
- Stefan Baier – General Manager, Streamline Games
- Jeffrey Zirlin – Growth Lead, Axie Infinity
- Paul Gadi – CTO & Co-Founder, Alto
- Kris Antoni Hadiputra – CEO & Founder, T0ge Productions
- Chris Natsuume – Creative Director & Co-Founder, Boomzap
- Maarten Noyons – Founder, International Mobile Gaming Awards
Partners and Sponsors
- Animation Vertigo
- International Mobile Gaming Awards (IMGA) Southeast Asia
Date and Location
October 24 – 25, 2018
SMX Convention Center, SM Mall of Asia
Mall of Asia Complex, Seashell Lane, Pasay, 1300 Metro Manila