Bull and Bear Debate’s Third Leg is Happening in La Union
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Set to happen on March 17, the first Bull or Bear Philippine Web3 Debate of 2023 will be at Baybayin Hub, San Juan, La Union, Bitskwela announced.
The set-up of the debate is expected to be similar to the first two events that happened last year, where debaters can pick which side they will stand on, whether they are bullish or bearish on some issues regarding the Web3 industry, or even answer questions from the audience.
It can be recalled that the first-ever Bull or Bear Debate happened alongside the celebration of the Philippine Web3 Festival on November 16, 2022, at KMC Skydeck, Bonifacio Global City. The debaters during that time were BlockchainSpace Growth Lead, Jen Bilango; former OKX marketing head, Chris Tan; NFT art advocate and Nekoin Protocol Communications Head, Patty Tiu; Bayanichain CEO Paul Soliman; GCrypto Senior Partnerships Manager, Mark Nunez; and Internet Computer Protocol Manila’s Nelson Lumbres.
A month later, the second leg of the debate happened at Señorita Bar, Lanang, Davao City, on December 14, 2022, with debaters crypto content creator Tito Vlogs, or Gilbert Lazaro in real life; content creator and Crypto Pinas founder Janjan Quilantang, more commonly known as JQCrypto; Blockchain Network Philippines’ department director for community building, Gilson Po; NFT art advocate and Nekoin Protocol Communications Head, Patty Tiu; and technical start-up consultant and BreederDao community manager, Ryan Morris.
Some topics covered during the event were the adoption of central bank digital currency in the country, Bitcoin being a legal tender, the environmental effects of crypto, tokenizing documents containing sensitive information as NFTs, and the country’s readiness for crypto adoption.
Meanwhile, organized by Bitskwela, together with GCash, YGG Pilipinas, and Baybayin Hub, the debaters for the March 17 event will be:
- Jen Bilango, the corporate strategy and growth lead of BlockchainSpace, one of the leading data aggregators and infrastructure providers for guilds and web3 projects in the industry.
- Mark Nunez, the senior partnerships manager of GCrypto, the crypto wallet service on the GCash app.
- Chezka Gonzales, the founder of the Philippine Blockchain Week and Women of Substance NFT.
- Patty Tiu, anNFT art advocate, Nekoin Protocol communications head, and the founder of Thompson Collective, the first mobile collective in the country.
- Luis Buenaventura, the country manager of Yield Guild Games, one of the largest guilds in the industry.
- Renz Chong, the CEO and Co-Founder of BreederDAO, a platform focusing on being an NFT asset factory for blockchain games.
- Bernadette Misa, the co-founder and head of partnerships and innovations for Playdex, an NFT rental marketplace for blockchain games.
The ticket price is ₱250.00, inclusive of food and drinks. To register, go to the official website of Bitskwela.
BitPinas is one of the media partners of #BullorBearELYU.
This article is published on BitPinas: Bull and Bear Debate’s Third Leg is Happening in La Union
Disclaimer: BitPinas articles and its external content are not financial advice. The team serves to deliver independent, unbiased news to provide information for Philippine-crypto and beyond.