Welcome to the 4th edition of Daily Bits – Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency News – 10/20/2017. As you can see, this is really an almost-daily post roundup. Hopefully, we can do this every day next month!
In this article, we will be posting relevant news and happenings about the current state of Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency in the country and abroad. Are there new shops accepting bitcoin in the Philippines? Any announcements from BTC sites in the Philippines? What’s happening elsewhere?
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency News 10/20/2017
Table of Contents
- 1 Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency News 10/20/2017
- 2 Bitcoin News
- 3 Bitcoin Stories
- 4 Bitcoin Forecast
- 5 Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency and the Philippines
Report: Cex.io announce plans for Segwit2x
The Segwit2x is real and it’s coming this November. We have reported in the Daily Bits some of the Bitcoin companies and their stance about the fork. For a brief background, check out this excerpt from our previous Bits post.
Cex.io revealed their stance on the fork and clearly stated their customers’ funds will never be at risk no matter how the market evolves.
Whether we support the split or not, add new pairs for trade or not, our existing customers will receive new coins if Segwit2x hard fork happens. – Cex.io statement
Cex.io said they will inform their users about the payout details at a later time.
In Pictures: The secret Swiss mountain bunker where millionaires stash their bitcoins
Quartz ran a story on where Xapo, a bitcoin wallet site, stores their users’ bitcoins offline… in a bunker on one of those mountains in Switzerland.
Refresher, bitcoins are digital. So what is stored? Check out this article about bitcoin wallets.
Forecasting Bitcoin is tough. The industry has a number of voices that sit on opposite sides. One thinks Bitcoin will surge, the other side thinks Bitcoin is a bubble. We will always share these 2 voices on this section of our Daily Bits.
Forecast: Experts say bitcoin will soar above $25,000 in 5 years
Tom Lee, co-founder of FundStrat Global Advisor thinks bitcoin can certainly reach a higher value so long as more cryptcoins are created. He explains:
What we found in our research is that the more coins that are being issued, the more are using bitcoin as their master ledger, which means bitcoin’s value is actually growing as there’s more coins.
Forecast: Forget Bitcoin, The Blockchain Revolution Is Coming
An article from Nasdaq suggests how bitcoin is really just the beginning of a boom that will happen within the blockchain. Jimmy Butts writes:
Blockchain is where the real excitement is. This technology has the ability to revolutionize entire industries… and not just in the financial space. In fact, numerous companies in the food industry have been using blockchain to track their food.
Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency and the Philippines
Below is the Bitcoin to Php chart today. It’s a daily chart. The chart below the big one is the 5-year Btc – Php chart to better check how far BTC’s value has increased in Pesos in the last 5 years
- Check out our BTC to PHP page!
Last time, AirSwap, a project that aims to decentralize cryptocurrency exchanges, had an initial coin offering and we were surprised about the participants. The Philippines represent the 2nd biggest group to participate in the ICO. This is surprising as there’s no simple way of buying ethereum right now in the Philippines. Check out this article to know more.
That’s it for today’s Daily Bits – Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency News 10/18/2017. Check back again tomorrow for another post in this series!
- List of Licensed Virtual Currency Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Exchanges in the Philippines
- List of CEZA-Approved Offshore Crypto Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Wallets
- List of Bitcoin Wallets
- List of LoyalCoin Partners
- Philippines Blockchain Business Directory
- List of Philippine Blockchain Events
- Bitcoin to PHP
- Cryptocurrency Charts in Pesos
Notes and Disclaimer:
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter! Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here.
- Invest in bitcoins (or in any altcoins) only the amount you can afford to lose!
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your bitcoin and cryptocurrency investment.
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, check the people behind it, its mission, and other details to ensure that they are worth investing for. Don’t invest in something you don’t know.
- This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. There is no substitute for doing your own research. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.