December 26, 2019 – Depending on who you ask, 2019 is another turbulent year for the crypto and blockchain industries. Globally, we’ve seen companies refocus their efforts or merge with others to survive. In the Philippines, we’ve read about more pending regulations, developments in the space, and more education drive. BitPinas sought the opinion of people who work in the blockchain and crypto industry in the Philippines, including leaders and influencers here and abroad on what they think about 2019 in general and what they look forward to in 2020.
Gail Macapagal is a management expert with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry. Skilled in Operations Management, Contact Centers, Management, Business Process Improvement, and Recruiting, Gail is currently the Country Director for DynaQuest, a leading provider of innovative Blockchain solutions for emerging markets.
Gail is also leading DynaQuest’ corporate social responsibility (CSR) efforts in various places in the Philippines, ensuring integration of these social and environmental initiatives in their company’s growth plan. These include her work with Humanility, a foundation that seeks to provide homes and care for children in need. Some of the photos below are from Gail’s work with Humanility.
Table of Contents
- 1 Can you please share the latest developments from your company/project/group this year?
- 2 Please share a personal highlight for you this year in the crypto and blockchain community.
- 3 What do you think is the most important blockchain and/or crypto development in the Philippines/Globally in 2019?
- 4 What is your company/project/group looking forward to this 2020 in this space?
- 5 What do you personally look forward to in this space?
- 6 What do you see for the Philippines in 2020 in this space?
- 7 More Articles from BitPinas’ 2019 PH Crypto and Blockchain Year in Review:
- 8 Please Share This Article:
- 9 Related
DynaQuest is humbled to receive a number of awards and nominations for our work in blockchain, including the APAC CIO Top 10 Blockchain Solutions Provider in Asia (we are the only awardee from the Philippines), Best Blockchain Achiever Award at the Bloconomic in Kuala Lumpur, and being a nominee at the ASEAN ICT Awards.
Some of the personal highlights for myself and my company includes being the only Philippine Company in Blockshow Asia’s Start-up Corner and being invited by the DICT to attend Connect Tech Asia as part of the Philippine Delegation. We also represented DICT during the Internet of Things Summit. Other highlights include:
- Exhibitor at BIT Philippines and BIT Vietnam
- Exhibitor at SIP
- OUR CEO Randy Knutson invited to attend/speak at BIT Vietnam, Connect Tech Asia, Systems Integration Philippines, Philippines Techathon, NICP in Iloilo, MIT Technology Leadership Summit.
- I was invited as a panelist at BIT Philippines and part of the Philippine Women Blockchain Influencers series.
- Voted to be a Board of Trustee for Health Care Information Management Association of the Philippines (HIMAP) to serve as a Board for 2 years starting from January 2020.
What do you think is the most important blockchain and/or crypto development in the Philippines/Globally in 2019?
The most important development is that people are starting to become interested and are slowly open to Blockchain adaption.
What is your company/project/group looking forward to this 2020 in this space?
Adaption, growth, and sustainability.
What do you personally look forward to in this space?
I am personally looking for more women to be empowered in the Blockchain space for 2020.
What do you see for the Philippines in 2020 in this space?
I see more people involved and excited about having Blockchain in their lives.
Follow Gail Macapagal:
This article is published on BitPinas: Gail Macapagal, DynaQuest [PH 2019 Crypto & Blockchain Year in Review]
Notes: BitPinas chooses what outside websites to cite within this article series.
More Articles from BitPinas’ 2019 PH Crypto and Blockchain Year in Review:
- Colin Goltra – Crypto Adviser and Formerly from Coins.ph
- Gail Macapagal – Country Director from DynaQuest
- Isabel Laurel – Fintech Consultant and Founder of Coinfemme Brand
- Lance Pormarejo – Business Dev at Gameworks
- Luis Buenaventura – Co-Founder of BSP-Licensed Bloom Solutions
- Miguel Cuneta – Co-Founder of BSP-Licensed SCI Ventures
- Myrtle Ramos – Founder of Blockchain Firm BlockTides
- Peter Ing – Country Manager of BlockchainSpace
- Atty. Rafael Padilla – Legal Director at Farcove Consulting and Co-Founder of BlockDevs Asia
- Randy Knutson – CEO of Blockchain Solutions DynaQuest
BitPinas is an independent blockchain and cryptocurrency news site covering the crypto and blockchain news and developments in the Philippines. We aim to be the website where you can find all information on blockchain and crypto in the Philippines. We are read by investors and enthusiasts alike, including crypto/blockchain company founders and government personnel. Contact email@example.com for more information, consulting advice, and partnerships. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Contact and Subscribe to BitPinas:
- Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every Monday, Friday, or when there’s breaking news you need to read on your email.
- Join BitPinas on Telegram
- Follow on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and updates
- Disclaimer: All articles on BitPinas must be treated as not an investment advice. Readers are encouraged to do their own research. This website is not responsible for any loss incurred by the reader, nor will it take credit for their gains.
- For news tips, partnership discussions, or press release submissions, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org