Subscribe to our newsletter!
Featured Image: Paskong Pilipino 2021 – A Christmas Contest Entry by Joel Chua, the first-place winner for last year’s Tezmas
Are you joining #tezmasPH 2022, the Pinoy Christmas-themed NFT minting contest, but don’t know where to start? Here’s a guide by BitPinas to help you – beginning with “minting” your NFT on the blockchain to submission. But first, what is #tezmasPH:
Tezmas NFT Minting Competition
Table of Contents.
- 1 Tezmas NFT Minting Competition
- 2 Step 1: Create your artwork!
- 3 Step 2: Set up your Kukai and Teia Accounts.
- 4 Step 3: Obtain tez (XTZ)
- 5 Step 4: Sync Teia with Kukai
- 6 Step 5: Mint your Art to Teia
- 7 Step 6: Add Price, Add Editions, and Send One Copy to Contest Account
- 8 Timeline of Events:
- 9 JUDGES
- 10 Community Partners
- 11 Organizers
Tezos Philippines, partner of BitPinas, is thrilled to launch the 2nd Tezmas Campaign, a Christmas- themed NFT making contest!!
Supported by TZ APAC, the campaign is for artists and creators to create Christmas-themed NFTs with the theme “Christmas in the Metaverse”!
Submissions are accepted from November 5 to December 12, 2022 with voting from December 13 to 16.
A total of $1100 worth of tez will be given to the winners!
|Ranked Winners||1st place – $400 in tez|
|2nd place – $300 in tez|
|3rd place – $150 in tez|
|4th place – $100 in tez|
|5th place – $50 in tez|
|Special Prize||Most Liked and Shared on Twitter – $100 in tez|
Here are the steps in order to mint your NFT to the Tezos blockchain!
Step 1: Create your artwork!
There’s no limit to how you want to depict Pinoy Christmas in the Metaverse through your artwork! A couple of ideas:
- People waking up early in the morning for Simbang Gabi
- Families lining up to buy puto bungbong or bibingka
- Setting up parols
- Jose Marie Chan!
- Now add your own metaverse flair!
Step 2: Set up your Kukai and Teia Accounts.
Minting is the process of putting your artwork on the blockchain. To begin, you need to have the following:
1) Set up your Kukai wallet (this is a browser-based wallet that’s easy to use and you can simply follow the instructions included or follow along with our article:
- Website: https://wallet.kukai.app/
- BitPinas Article: Kukai Wallet Guide | How to Setup a Tezos’ Wallet Using a Twitter Account
- You can also follow the instructions in the image below:
2) Set up your Teia account
- Teia is a Tezos-powered NFT marketplace: https://teia.art/
Step 3: Obtain tez (XTZ)
You can send 1 tez from Binance or any other exchange to Kukai wallet. (Please check our Kukai guide.)
Step 4: Sync Teia with Kukai
Now that you have all the accounts and the tez, sync your Teia account with Kukai.
- Go to https://teia.art/
- Click Sync in the upper right
- Select Kukai Wallet, Click ‘Approve’ when prompted.
- If it says “failed” or not syncing, it may be because there is not enough tez in your account.
- Go back to https://teia.art
Step 5: Mint your Art to Teia
Go to https://teia.art
1) Click the Menu or Hamburger button
2) Select “OBJKT (Mint NFT)”
3) Fill out your OBJKT information
4) Click “Preview” to see how your NFT will appear.
5) Click [Mint] then approve the instruction from your Kukai Wallet.
6) Wait for the transaction to go through.
7) Check the wallet to confirm that the file was minted and reflected in your account.
The next step will be to send 1 edition of your art for the #tezmasPH campaign!
Step 6: Add Price, Add Editions, and Send One Copy to Contest Account
1) Go to Manage Assets, Click the NFT
2) Then click SWAP.
3) Input how many editions you want (please mint atleast 2 editions)
4) Click “Swap”.
5) Approve the transaction on your Kukai Wallet.
6) Once the art is finally minted on on Teia, send 1 edition to the showcase page: tezmas.tez or tz2G9rfyqekEtbeC2dbVuDRYqfuxLhanbvA2
7) Finally, fill out this Google Form to confirm your participation! https://docs.google.com/forms/u/1/d/e/1FAIpQLSd3S-lW1x-X5R2DRoo6d549GFJ3Srx9hv9OUyIDZAIrCofffQ/viewform
Note: The NFT must be your original work, does not contain any copyrighted content, never been published/uploaded in the Internet before, and was never minted prior to the contest launch date of Nov. 5, 2022.
Timeline of Events:
|Tezmas Launch Week||Oct-24-28 ( Teaser Oct 22, 2022)|
|Twitter Space – Let’s Talk About Christmas in Web 3||November 4, 2022|
|Twitter Space – Art Curation||November 12, 2022|
|Workshop with GuhitPinas||November 28, 2022|
|Workshop with another large group|
|Space – SHow your Tezmas Work||December 5, 2022|
|Minting Party – Final Day of Submissions||December 12, 2022|
|Judges Votes||December 13 to 16, 2022|
|Winner Announcement||December 19, 2022|
We are pleased to announce the judges for Tezmas: Multidisciplinary artist Bjorn Calleja, New York-based Filipino artist Sky Nicolas, Founder of blue-chip art NFT marketplace ScarletBox Sheree Gotuaco, Art curator and artist – founder of MeatSpace web3 gallery Aldrine Alarcon, Art Curator and founder of Galeria Paloma Kimi Rocha, and representing Sevi Loves Art the youngest NFT artist in the Philippines – April Agregado.
|Crypto Art PH||Leading crypto art community in PH|
|Ownly||NFT marketplace and gaming studio, leading web3 startup south of Manila|
|Salamax Cutie / Titik Poetry||Leading NFT and Spoken Word Poetry group|
|Filipinas NFT||A collective of Filipina creators, artists and collectors in the Web3 space.|
|FilipinWho||We are a collective of Filipinos who wish to explore the, as well as pursue answers to the question of ‘Who is a Filipino’, primarily in the web 3.0 space.|
|ScarletBox||Asia’s Blue Chip Arts NFT Launchpad|
|GUHIT Pinas||a registered non-profit organization that envisions the Philippines as the Art Capital of Asia.|
|Galeria Paloma||Art gallery & art advisory. Experience-based art initiatives to further art appreciation and accessibility.|
|Web3 Philippines||Developer-centric web3 community|
|CryptoPop Art Guild||Guild for underprivilege artists in the metaverse|
|NFT PHilippines||Leading NFT community|
|Filipino Web3 Community||Builder-centric web3 community|
We can’t wait to showcase the art you created for Tezmas!
The paper of record chronicling the crypto movement in the Philippines, BitPinas started in 2017 to help spread correct information about crypto, DeFi, play-to-earn, and NFTs in the country. Find us www.bitpinas.com and www.fb.com/BitPinas.
TZ APAC is one of the leading adoption entities in Asia, designing blockchain strategies for enterprises and creators by working closely with experts and stakeholders in the Tezos ecosystem. www.tzapac.com
Managed by TZ APAC, Tezos Philippines is providing community support to help and assist artist and developers to get onboarded to the Tezos ecosystem.
Tezos is smart money, redefining what it means to hold and exchange value in a digitally connected world. A self-upgradable and energy-efficient Proof of Stake blockchain with a proven track record, Tezos seamlessly adopts tomorrow’s innovations without network disruptions today. For more information, please visit www.tezos.com.
This article is published on BitPinas: Step by Step Mint your Christmas NFTs for Tezmas 2022