Editing by Nathaniel Cajuday
International and local web3 experts are expected to highlight the first-ever Philippine Blockchain Week on November 28 to December 4, 2022, at the Marriott Grand Ballroom of the Newport World Resorts in Pasay City.
“We have gathered experts from the blockchain ecosystem to discuss this technological advancement and how companies and people can benefit from it. The Philippine Blockchain Week also lets investors and businesses network and explore opportunities in the Philippine market,” said Donald Lim, the chief operating officer (COO) of Dito CME and the lead convenor of the event.
Henry Aguda, the Senior Executive Vice President of the crypto-friendly bank Unionbank, will be part of the panel. Recently, the bank, which started offering crypto last month, launched its UnionBank Innovation Campus, which was envisioned to be the leading research and technology hub in the country last September 9, 2022. (Read more: Marcos Inaugurates UnionBank Innovation Hub)
Moreover, the event convenor announced during a press conference that the Philippines has the potential to become a “blockchain capital of Asia.” (Read more: PH can be the ‘Blockchain Capital of Asia’ – DITO Exec)
“If you remember the year 2000, the Philippines was the text capital of the world. In 2010, we were the social media capital of the world. That’s why I think this time we can be the blockchain capital, if not the world, then at least in Asia. And we have to play our cards right in order for that to happen,” he noted.
Further, aside from inviting members, according to the other lead convenor of the event, Women of Substance NFT founder Chezka Gonzales, the organizers are also targeting students to be their attendees.
“This is a good opportunity for them to learn more about this digital evolution and how it has affected and will affect the way things will be done in the future,” she stated.
The other organizers of the event are Rico Pang, Group chief executive officer (CEO) of Sanctum Global Ventures; Kate Hancock, founder of Metaverse XYZ; Daniel Robbins, CEO of IBH Media; Oscar Tan Abing, Jr., founder & CEO of Anotoys Collectiverse; Jay Ha, co-founder of IP3; James Lim, CEO of Meta Persona; and Tara Kwon, co-founder of Hyped Collective.
Other speakers are:
- Vilma Matilla, Founder, 5ire, Venture Capitalist Advisor of Dreammaker Techstars
- Jay Ha, Co-founder, IP3
- Ida Mok, Founder, Fluidity Money, SEHAT Health, Spool Labs
- Datin Ezdiani Baharoodin, Co-founder, Coinbox Finance
- Dato’ Arai Ezzra, Co-founder, Coinbox Finance
- Alex Filatov, Co-founder & CEO, EverX (Everscale Network)
- Jasmine Ng, Founder, Wahine Capital, & EnGame Deputy CEO, ReGov Tech
- Mohamed D.w., Co-founder & Director, Pentas.io
- Belinda Lim, Co-founder, Avarta
- Val Wise, Co-founder, Wise Metaverse Reality (WMR)
- Bree Yek, CEO, Carb0nfi
- Christopher Star, Co-founder, Web3 PH
- Melissa Kurtcan, Co-founder, S21 Founder, Eurydice UK
- RC Pajaro, Co-founder, NFT Philippines
- Nicole Yap, Founder, 8sian
- JX Cham, CEO, MetaU
- Gail Macapagal, Founder, Women in Blockchain PH
- Craig Wilson, NFT Visionary, Strategist and Consultant, Hederbycollection.io
- Jin Gonzales, Founder, OZ Finance
- Igneus Terrenus, Head of Comms and Policy, Bybit
- Kyle Lenout, Web3 Developer & Project Advisor, Kyle’n out LLC
- Randy Knutson, President/CEO, DynaQuest
- Sandra H, Head of Metaverse and NFT, Ziliqia
- Rone de Beauvior, Founder/CEO, Xcel Crypto Partners
What is the Philippine Blockchain Week?
Inspired by the meta-universe movie “Matrix,” the event is also called the “Chaintrix,” which aims to educate more Filipinos about the uses and opportunities brought by blockchain technology for the country’s various industries.
The activities for Chaintrix include plenary sessions with experts about blockchain, fintech & metaverse, a job fair, business speed dating, golf tournament, NFT gallery, concert, pool party, toy exhibit, gaming expo & tournaments, and hackathons, among others.
This article is published on BitPinas: Crypto Experts Set to Join PH Blockchain Week 2022
Disclaimer: BitPinas articles and its external content are not financial advice. The team serves to deliver independent, unbiased news to provide information for Philippine-crypto and beyond.