Pouch.ph, Coins.ph to Co-Present Boracay Bitcoin Conference
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Additional reporting by Michael Mislos.
- Pouch.ph and Coins.ph will co-host the first-ever Bitcoin Island Retreat in Boracay, Philippines, from March 27 to 29, 2023.
- The event will bring together Bitcoin thought leaders, investors, and enthusiasts to network and discuss the technology.
- Boracay has recently become a hub for Bitcoin, with over 250 locations accepting instant, fee-free payments via the Lightning Network.
Co-hosted by Bitcoin payments firm Pouch.ph and cryptocurrency exchange and e-wallet Coins.ph, the first-ever Bitcoin Island Retreat is set to take place from March 27 to 29, 2023.
Boracay has recently transformed into a bitcoin hub, with over 250 locations accepting bitcoin payments via the Lightning Network, which provides instant and fee-free transactions. (Read more: Local Crypto Wallet Eyes to Turn Boracay into ‘Bitcoin Island’)
During the retreat, attendees will have the opportunity to engage with key players in the Bitcoin industry, including Ethan Rose, the CEO of Pouch.ph, and Elijah Tan, the Vice President of Operations at Coins.ph.
Recently, Tan expressed his bullishness towards the crypto community in the country noting that the “Philippines is so well positioned to take the global stage for web3 right now. Like, great developers have great communities, and people are native to crypto already.”
The event will also have the participation of HCM Capital Founder Jack Lee, cryptocurrency investor Augustus Ilag, General Partner at Lightning Ventures Mike Jarmuz, blockchain lawyer Rafael Padilla, and founder of Bitskwela, Jiro Reyes as speakers. Attendees will also have a chance to win a Bitcoin prize by finding a 12-word seed phrase placed around the island.
Speaker list as of Feb. 8, 2023:
- Ethan Rose, Pouch.ph
- Elijah Tan, Coins.ph
- Jack Lee, HCM Capital
- Max Webster, Entrepreneur
- Gillian Kok, Entrepreneur and Holistic Therapist
- Chris Tan, Entreprener and Creator
- Stephan Livera, Bitcoin Podcaster
- Mike “Muzz” Jarmuz, Lightning Ventures
- Mary Imausen, Bitcoin Gamer Chat Podcast
- Augie Ilag, Crypto Investor
- Lyman Manzanaer, Lightning Coop
- Bill Hill, Bitcoin Island Community
- Joey Miyamoto, Researcher
- Hodling Carla, Hodling Apparel
- Dread Pirate Nakamoto
- Rafael Padilla, Farcove Consulting
- Albert Buu, Neutronpay
- Jiro Reyes, Bitskwela
“The Bitcoin Island Retreat will give attendees the opportunity to interact with Bitcoin builders, investors and enthusiasts in the world’s Bitcoin nirvana,” said a statement from the organizers.
Pouch.ph, the first company in the Philippines to process payments using the Lightning Network, enables merchants to accept bitcoin payments and receive immediate settlement in Philippine pesos with no fees. (Read more: BTC as Remittance? Pouch partners with Strike to Offer Faster Remittance Process from US to PH Through BTC’s Lightning Network)
“With Pouch’s partnership with Strike, we are revolutionizing the way cross-border payments are made, empowering people to easily send money to their loved ones back home. We are proud to be a part of building the world’s most powerful payment network for global transactions,” Rose said in a statement.
Check out the Bitcoin Island Retreat website here: https://pouch.ph/retreat2023
This article is published on BitPinas: Pouch.ph, Coins.ph Co-Present Boracay Bitcoin Conference
Disclaimer: BitPinas articles and its external content are not financial advice. The team serves to deliver independent, unbiased news to provide information for Philippine-crypto and beyond.