(Makati, Philippines) April 22, 2019 – This week, developers, engineers, professionals, entrepreneurs, and enthusiasts interested to join blockchain meetups and hackathons are treated with a number of events with themes and topics as varied as the study of blockchain.
6 Blockchain/Fintech Events This Week in the Philippines
Table of Contents
- 1 6 Blockchain/Fintech Events This Week in the Philippines
- 2 April 23, 2019 – Stablecoins
- 3 April 25, 2019 – Fintech April Mixer
- 4 April 26, 2019 – Binance Meetup Manila | Crypto Debates – Centralization vs Decentralization
- 5 (April 27, 2019) May 4, 2019 – Smart Contract Platforms Today: Looking Beyond Ethereum
- 6 April 28, 2019 – BIT – Blockchain Innovation Tour
- 7 April 27 – 28, 2019 May 4 – 5, 2019 – Blockathon – Mindanao Blockchain Hackathon
- 8 Useful Resources:
April 23, 2019 – Stablecoins
|When||April 23, 2019 at 6:00 pm|
|Where||BlockchainSpace, Acceler8 Paseo, Makati|
In the blockchain meetup in Makati, the discussions will focus on the nature of stablecoins and their regulatory implications. Atty. Rafael Padilla of Farcove Law and Engr. John Clark Naldoza of Mergecommit are the main speakers on this meetup.
April 25, 2019 – Fintech April Mixer
|What||Fintech April Mixer|
|When||April 25, 2019 from 6:00 pm|
|Where||The Ark by UnionBank|
|Registration||Facebook Event Link|
As per the event’s page:
Join us for our April mixer as we explore how emerging e-commerce platforms and players bring electronic commerce to everyday Filipinos. As the summer heat rises, we also dip our feet into technological solutions to Manila’s water problem.
Find out how social enterprises are helping disadvantaged communities, and meet the new Chairman of the Fintech Philippines Association!
April 26, 2019 – Binance Meetup Manila | Crypto Debates – Centralization vs Decentralization
|What||Binance Meetup Manila | Crypto Debates|
|When||April 26, 2019 from 7:00 pm|
In this meetup, participants will learn how to use Binance DEX. Additionally, a discussion will center on decentralization and centralization.
This is Binance’s first meetup in the Philippines this 2019.
(April 27, 2019) May 4, 2019 – Smart Contract Platforms Today: Looking Beyond Ethereum
|What||Smart Contract Platforms Today: Looking Beyond Ethereum|
|When||May 4, 2019 from 1:00 pm|
This meetup is moved to May 4, 2019.
This meetup’s topic will move beyond cryptocurrency, focusing on blockchain. Specifically, the discussion will revolve around comparing and contrasting Ethereum, iOST, and Klaytn.
The meetup is sponsored by Ground X, the blockchain subsidiary of South Korea’s Kakao Group. Read more in this article.
April 28, 2019 – BIT – Blockchain Innovation Tour
|What||BIT – Blockchain Innovation Tour 2019|
|When||April 28, 2019 from 1:00 pm|
The second Blockchain Innovation Tour to happen in the Philippines, this roadshow, which tours Southeast Asia, bridges local Asian communities, investors, exchanges, and media. Confirmed speakers included Elixes Becislao of C Estates, Jake Villanueva of Y Investments, and Gail Macapagal of Dynaquest.
While the events listed above are going to take place in Makati, this one will be in Okada Manila. Check out the event in this article.
April 27 – 28, 2019 May 4 – 5, 2019 – Blockathon – Mindanao Blockchain Hackathon
|What||Blockathon – A Blockchain Hackathon|
|When||April 27 – 28, 2019 from 9:00 am|
|Where||Kadena Hub, Davao City|
This event is moved to May 4 – 5, 2019.
Kadena Hub, the blockchain hub in Davao City is the venue for the upcoming Blockathon, a hackathon for blockchain technology in Mindanao. The event is a 24-hour hackathon that aims to develop a blockchain innovation project as a final product or prototype.
At the end of the hackathon, the team must come up with at least a working prototype of their application/idea. There is no need for a full code. The team must show their solution, how it works, and how they plan to market it. You can check more in this article.
Which of the events above are you going to participate in?
BitPinas is chronicling every blockchain event or meetup happening in the Philippines. Check out the list here.
This article originally appeared on BitPinas: 6 Blockchain/Fintech Events This Week in the Philippines
- A Growing List of Blockchain Jobs in the Philippines
- List of Licensed Virtual Currency Exchanges in the Philippines
- List of Cryptocurrency Exchanges in the Philippines
- List of CEZA-Approved Offshore Crypto Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Wallets
- List of Bitcoin Wallets
- List of LoyalCoin Partners
- Philippines Blockchain Business Directory
- List of Philippine Blockchain Events
- Bitcoin to PHP
- Cryptocurrency Charts in Pesos
Notes and Disclaimer:
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter!
- Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here