Users of cryptocurrency wallet Abra can now fund their bitcoin wallets through debit card or credit card within the app. Currently, users can fund with Mastercard or Visa credit and debit cards in the Philippines.
This article had a minor update on October 2, 2018.
Abra has partnered with Simplex to enable BTC/USD or BTC/EUR through debit or credit card within the app. According to Abra’s newsletter, the minimum purchase is $50 and the maximum is $20,000 at a time. The fee is 8% (minimum of $11.30) and there will be a 20-30 minutes waiting period which depends on the blockchain’s processing time.
How to Purchase Bitcoin using Visa or Mastercard?
Note: Download the Abra App here. (It will ask for your mobile number, remember to start it with 63 as the PH area code.)
- Click on + Add Money that you will see on the app’s interface.
- Choose Visa/Mastercard, copy your Abra BTC address and click on “Buy bitcoin through Simplex”.
- It will ask permission to open it on your browser click Continue.
- Put the comfortable amount of USD (US Dollar) or BTC you’re willing to purchase. Don’t forget to paste your BTC address, finish the captcha, and continue.
- Fill out the needed details such as personal details, billing address, and credit card information and you’re done.
Again, your purchased BTC (or other cryptos) will arrive in your wallet 20-30 minutes after your successful purchase.
Abra is founded in 2014 and is headquartered in California and in Manila. Currently, it allows users to hold up to 25 cryptocurrencies including popular tokens such as bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin, ripple, zcash, stellar, and more.