December 3, 2018. Asus announced a partnership that will allow gamers to mine cryptocurrency on their own.
The Taiwan-based company has partnered with mining app company Quantumcloud to provide a way for gamers to mine cryptocurrency with their Asus graphics cards (GPUs). In a statement, Asus said it is a suitable partner for Quantumcloud because it has a large user base that can potentially earn passive income by installing Quantumcloud’s software.
Users computers will be able to mine cryptocurrencies while the GPU is idle.
Quantumcloud said it is complying with privacy laws because it is GPDR compliant, which means that user data is protected. Users simply need to input their PayPal or WeChat account to collect their earnings. The software is also fully integrated with digital wallet management, cryptocurrency mining mix, currency conversions, and fiat transfers.
Quantumcloud, however, is not guaranteeing users will earn profit from the mining software.
“Earning rates may change based on the performance of the cryptocurrency market and cannot be guaranteed or influenced in any way by Quantumcloud,” – Quantumcloud
It should be noted that the majority of miners mine cryptocurrencies collectively in pools using dedicated software. Dedicated processors are needed to mine popular cryptocurrencies like bitcoin.
The Asus announcement comes at a time when the overall crypto market is experiencing a slump, making crypto mining expensive and unprofitable. In recent reports, many mining pools have shut down, particularly in China, where many miners have initially moved because of cheap power cost. As per report of Coingape, many mining operations are moving to Russia, Scandinavia, the US, and Canada where there are cheap abundant electricity and fast internet connections.
- List of Licensed Virtual Currency Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Exchanges in the Philippines
- List of CEZA-Approved Offshore Crypto Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Wallets
- List of Bitcoin Wallets
- List of LoyalCoin Partners
- Philippines Blockchain Business Directory
- List of Philippine Blockchain Events
- Bitcoin to PHP
- Cryptocurrency Charts in Pesos
Notes and Disclaimer:
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter!
- Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here.