January 17, 2020 – Currently in the Philippines, a lot of people in Southern Luzon are severely affected by the Taal Volcano eruption. The eruption started on January 12, 2020, which is 43 years since its last major eruption in 1977. The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS) escalated the volcano under Alert Level 4 (“hazardous explosive eruption is possible within hours to days”). The volcano spewed ashes (ashfall) in Souther Luzon and even in Metro Manila. Thousands of people have been displaced, particularly those within 20kms of the volcano.
In line with this, the Fintech Alliance.ph launches Help Taal Digital Initiative. Anyone can donate through any fintech and digital platforms that are part of the alliance. This is in partnership with the Philippine Disaster Resilience Foundation (PDRF). All Donations will be managed by the PDRF for its relief and rehabilitation efforts.
Additionally, the microfinance companies will be offering a holiday on the interest on loans from people affected by the volcano as well. These companies are Acudeen, Asialink, Ayannah, Balikbayad, Billease, Bukas, Cashalo, Credit Pros, Loan Ranger, Moneymatch, Seedin, Tala, and Uploan.
Anyone can donate through:
- Donate with Bitcoin through Rebit/SCI via QR code.
Refer to the image below for the numbers and the QR Code. In particular, when sending Bitcoin, also refer to Rebit and SCI’s Facebook channels. Rebit/SCI is a licensed virtual currency exchange in the Philippines. It is recommended that you donate using the QR from SCI’s Facebook page because others might just edit pictures and put their own QR codes.
How to Donate Bitcoin Via the QR Code:
- Open your Bitcoin or Crypto wallet app.
- Scan the QR Code above (recommended: scan the QR code on SCI’s Facebook page)
Do not use your phone’s camera app because it might only return a search page. You must use the “Scan QR” option on your crypto wallet.
This article is published on BitPinas: Fintech Alliance.ph Launches Help Taal Digital Donation Initiative, Donate with Bitcoin Through Rebit, SCI
BitPinas is an independent blockchain and cryptocurrency news site covering the crypto and blockchain news and developments in the Philippines. We aim to be the website where you can find all information on blockchain and crypto in the Philippines. We are read by investors and enthusiasts alike, including crypto/blockchain company founders and government personnel. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, consulting advice, and partnerships. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Contact and Subscribe to BitPinas:
- Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every Monday, Friday, or when there’s breaking news you need to read on your email.
- Join BitPinas on Telegram
- Follow on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and updates
- Disclaimer: All articles on BitPinas must be treated as not an investment advice. Readers are encouraged to do their own research. This website is not responsible for any loss incurred by the reader, nor will it take credit for their gains.
- For news tips, partnership discussions, or press release submissions, please send to email@example.com