Messaging app Viber confirmed its support for Rakuten Coin, a token that will be launched by Japan’s Rakuten soon.
In a statement to Russian media, Viber CEO Djamel Agaoua confirms that Rakuten Coin will be tradeable within Viber. Among the features that will be in place are the following:
- Trading Rakuten Coin in Viber
- Trade Rakuten Coins against fiat currency like Ruble, Dollar, Euro
- Transfer to Bank Account depending on Russia’s laws
However, this will all be dependent on existing regulations in Russia, where Viber is currently very popular.
Rakuten Coin is closely linked with the online Japanese company’s loyalty system. Points get awarded to users everytime they spend 100 Yen within the Rakuten network. Rakuten is the 4th largest e-commerce business globally, after Alibaba, eBay, and Amazon.
Viber is not the first messaging app to dabble in blockchain and cryptocurrency. Telegram, a popular messaging app for cryptocurrency users raise $1.7 billion earlier this year, making 2018 the biggest year in Initial Coin Offerings in terms of funds raised.
Line, a popular messaging app in Japan has been earlier reported by Bitpinas to be studying the blockchain and just last week, the app is reported to be launching its own crypto exchange globally.
- Chat App Line to Recruit More Blockchain Devs in Japan, Southeast Asia
- Philippines Grants Licenses to Two New Exchanges
- Soon, You Can Use Loyal Coins to Redeem Rewards from Different Brands
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here.
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter!
- Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.