Ripple, the company behind XRP is building a platform that will facilitate faster cross-border payments in Asia.
Innovation in Asia
Table of Contents
According to Asheesh Birla, VP of product for Ripple, regulators in Asia are more open to innovation. “They have bigger risk appetite”, Birla said in a statement to the Business Insider. The company is building XRapid, which is designed to ease cross-border transactions.
The Philippines is one of the first countries in the world to release advisories regarding cryptocurrencies.
The BSP’s Circular no. 944 serves as a guide that cryptocurrency exchange firms must follow in order to conduct business.
On January 2017, the Security and Exchange Commission released guidelines for Initial Coin Offerings in the country.
Japan and Singapore
In other parts of Asia, Japan is leading the world in cryptocurrency exchange volume. This is primarily because of the government’s positive approach regarding virtual currencies.
Singapore, on the other hand, is testing a network that facilitates faster transactions using blockchain technology, the underlying tech behind bitcoin, which is the world’s best-performing cryptocurrency at the moment.
According to Birla, the emphasis for Ripple is Japan and India. The company recently partnered with 61 banks in Japan to test its platform that can simplify international money transfers.
Ripple’s cryptocurrency (XRP) is currently the world’s 3rd best-performing cryptocurrency according to Coinmarketcap.
- Where to buy Ripple (XRP) in the Philippines
- The Best Cryptocurrency Wallets
- Coins.ph and SCI Ventures Reconfirm Cryptocurrency Support in 2018
Notes and Disclaimer:
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter! Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here.
- Invest in bitcoins (or in any altcoins) only the amount you can afford to lose!
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your bitcoin and cryptocurrency investment.
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, check the people behind it, its mission, and other details to ensure that they are worth investing for. Don’t invest in something you don’t know.
- This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. There is no substitute for doing your own research. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.