On February 15, Philip La, Sky Mavis’ new Product Lead Manager, tweeted updates about the Builders Program. Sky Mavis launched Builders Program last January 20 and invited game developers in this initiative to produce other games under the Axie Infinity franchise. Chosen projects under the program will be incentivized based on the criteria that Sky Mavis released.
Philip La previously worked for Ninantic and Pokémon Go prior to Sky Mavis and Axie Infinity. He will manage the Axie Infinity economy and roadmap, as well as oversee the production of the awaiting Origin (V3) and Land game.
Philip La tweeted, “We were overwhelmed by the quality of submissions for the builders program. Our initial expectations were moderate, but we expect some of these games to get really big and generate significant revenue down the line. Given the potential scale, we will be looking to update and expand on some of the terms of the program before accepting participants. Our primary considerations as we think through these updates include:
1) Ensuring Builders will be rewarded for their efforts in creating value within the Axie Infinity ecosystem
2) Structuring the system so value from these projects will accrue back to the Axie Infinity community and AXS holders, and limit the amount of extraction out of the ecosystem
3) Protecting the Axie Infinity brand from being used in ways that may negatively impact the ecosystem
4) Eliminating friction for Builders to be able to build, put experiences out there, and figure out what works
5) Providing more structure and requirements around projects that community members may significantly spend on, to reduce risk to community members (although we will not be able to remove all risks of course)
As mentioned in the initial blog post, this is still early and experimental for us so we will learn and improve with the community as we evolve this program.”
Philip replied to comments by the community for clarification, as well, of the team’s priority in mind and possibly be done in the future of the said program.
This article is published on BitPinas: Sky Mavis Wants Axies to be in Other Games Too