TRON founder Justin Sun, officially announces TRON’s acquisition of BitTorrent Inc., the operator of torrent client uTorrent. This formally ends the rumor that started around May 2018 that the company was “reportedly” acquiring the 17-year-old torrent client.
The company’s founder, Mr. Justin Sun, released an open letter to the community about its BitTorrent acquisition. He was proud to announce that BitTorrent and all its products will become a part of the TRON ecosystem. With the torrent client being installed in billions of devices, he added that this makes the company “the largest decentralized internet ecosystem in the world”.
Established in 2001, the BitTorrent protocol relies on the distributed “seeding” by its users who upload content to its peer-to-peer network. Mr. Sun admires the torrent and says that it is the “genesis of the decentralization movement”.
“Developers, entrepreneurs, and the decentralized Web community regard BitTorrent as the original pioneers of decentralization technology. It is the foundation of an open, transparent, shared Internet protocol.” – Mr. Justin Sun, Founder, TRON
He added that every user and supporter of BitTorrent is now part of the TRON family. He also aims that this acquisition and with BitTorrent’s experience in decentralized protocol technology will bring the TRON ecosystem to a whole new level.
- According to Research Only 44% of ICO Startups Survive
- China to Lead Standardization of IoT and Blockchain Technology
- Cross-Border Trade Blockchain to Connect China and ASEAN Nations
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here.
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter!
- Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.