By Nath Cajuday
In an effort to raise funds for Ukrainian charities, DPZ and Organic Material organized “Art For Ukraine” Collection, a group release of digital works by artists minting on the Tezos blockchain, that started last Tuesday, March 8, 2022 at Objkt.com.
Around 36 artists contributed one NFT artwork each, minted in 100 editions at a price of one tez each.
The NFT artists involved are the organizers themselves Deadpanzoom or DZP, along with NY-based Filipino conceptual artist Skye Nicolas, mrkdrf, Amirhfallah, Coletterobbins of Organic Material; Digital Artist Mark Schoening; Art Collector Richard Nadler; Filipino artists Jarrett Pinto, Bjorn Calleja, Jake Studyos and more here:
Meanwhile, a metaverse space by the organizers is in the works to showcase and promote Ukrainian artists who currently cannot focus on promoting their work due to the conflict, simultaneously.
The “Art For Ukraine” Collection is organized by DPZ and Organic Material.
DPZ, also known as DeadpanZoom is an NFT Art Collector, photographer, community builder and primarily an investor in both stocks and cryptocurrencies. DPZ has been in crypto since 2013 and is a supporter of art and artists in the Tezos NFT Ecosystem.
Organic Material is a collection of digital works minted as NFTs on the Tezos blockchain, it was founded in 2022 by four contemporary artists: Mark Dorf, Amir H. Fallah, Colette Robbins, Skye Nicolas.
Community Contribution Process
Following its good-willed intent and inclusivity, it is unsurprising that plenty of NFT artists are interested in contributing to the Art For Ukraine collection.
However, according to DPZ, it cannot handle adding more people to the original lineup anymore as the logistics are overwhelming, but it invites those who are interested to mint alongside them.
The process is as follows:
- Create a new token with Objkt.com from your own wallet address under whatever collection you would like.
- Set your royalties to 15% and direct them to Tezos address: KT1BcFiofEsAnrQiEDk4ExdbSgxAiB7Qghjr
- Choose your edition size (the core group has chosen to mint editions of 100), and mint your token.
- When ready to list for sale click on “Advanced Sale” on your already minted Objkt.com token where you will set the amount of editions, price (the core group has chosen to set their edition of 100 at 1 tez each), and set so that 100% of the sale goes to Tez address: KT1BcFiofEsAnrQiEDk4ExdbSgxAiB7Qghjr
- All tez sent to this address will automatically be forwarded to the contract by fxhash/versum for the Ukraine Relief.
- Finally, list your token.
On 24 February, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced a “special military operation” to “demilitarize and denazify” Ukraine. The conflict is still ongoing.
As of March 10, 2022, the “Art for Ukraine” Fundraiser is still ranking in Objkt.com’s Hot Collections with 6.78K ꜩ in total volume.
Follow this Twitter thread for updates about the “Art for Ukraine” Fundraiser.
The List of Charities that will benefit the collection can be found here.
This article is published on BitPinas: DPZ, Organic Material Launch “Art For Ukraine” Collection Fundraiser
Disclaimer: BitPinas articles and its external content are not financial advice. The team serves to deliver independent, unbiased news to provide information for Filo-crypto and beyond.