Are you joining #tezmasPH, the Pinoy Christmas-themed NFT minting contest, but don’t know where to start? Here’s a guide by BitPinas to help you – beginning with “minting” your NFT on the blockchain to submission. But first, what is #tezmasPH:
#tezmasPH – Pinoy Christmas-themed NFT campaign:
Table of Contents.
- 1 #tezmasPH – Pinoy Christmas-themed NFT campaign:
- 2 Step 1: Create your artwork!
- 3 Step 2: Set up your Kukai and Hen Accounts.
- 4 Step 3: Obtain tez (XTZ)
- 5 Step 4: Sync Hen with Kukai
- 6 Step 5: Mint your Art to Hen
- 7 Step 6: Add Price, Add Editions, and Send One Copy to Contest Account
- 8 Timeline of Events:
- 9 Organizers
BitPinas is thrilled to launch Tezmas Campaign, a Christmas-themed NFT making contest! Supported by TZ APAC, the Crypto Art Philippines group and the NFT Philippines Group, the campaign is for Filipino artists and creators to create Christmas-themed NFTs on Tezos-powered NFT marketplaces like Hic et Nunc and OBJKT.com that depict how the holiday is celebrated in the Philippines! Submissions are accepted beginning November 18 to December 13, 2021 (11:59 pm GMT+8) with voting taking place from December 14 to 17.
A total of $1000 worth of tez will be given to the winners!
Step 1: Create your artwork!
There’s no limit to how you want to depict Pinoy Christmas through your artwork! A couple of ideas:
- People waking up early in the morning for Simbang Gabi
- Families lining up to buy puto bungbong or bibingka
- Setting up parols
- Jose Marie Chan!
Step 2: Set up your Kukai and Hen Accounts.
Minting is the process of putting your artwork on the blockchain. To begin, you need to have the following:
1) Set up your Kukai wallet (this is a browser-based wallet that’s easy to use and you can simply follow the instructions included or follow along with our article:
- Website: https://wallet.kukai.app/
- BitPinas Article: Kukai Wallet Guide | How to Setup a Tezos’ Wallet Using a Twitter Account
2) Set up your Hen account
- Hen or Hic et nunc is a Tezos-powered NFT marketplace. These are the websites of Hen:
Step 3: Obtain tez (XTZ)
You can send 1 tez from Binance to Kukai wallet. (Please check our Kukai guide.)
If you don’t have tez, JOIN the Tezos PH Telegram group and the admin will give you XTZ so you can mint!
Step 4: Sync Hen with Kukai
Now that you have all the accounts and the tez, sync your hen account with Kukai. We mentioned there are different hen websites, for this article, we will go to https://hen.teztools.io.
- Go to https://hen.teztools.io/
- Click Sync.
- Select Kukai Wallet, Click ‘Approve’ when prompted.
- If it says “failed” or not syncing, it may be because there is not enough tez in your account.
- Go back to https://hen.teztools.io/
Step 5: Mint your Art to Hen
Go to https://hen.teztools.io/
1) Click the Menu or Hamburger button
2) Select “OBJKT (Mint NFT)”
3) Fill out your OBJKT information
4) Click “Preview” to see how your NFT will appear.
5) Click [Mint] then approve the instruction from your Kukai Wallet.
6) Wait for the transaction to go through.
7) Check the wallet to confirm that the file was minted and reflected in your account.
The next step will be to send 1 edition of your art for the #tezmasPH campaign!
Step 6: Add Price, Add Editions, and Send One Copy to Contest Account
1) Go to Manage Assets, Click the NFT
2) Then click SWAP.
3) Input how many editions you want (please mint atleast 2 editions)
4) Click “Swap”.
5) Approve the transaction on your Kukai Wallet.
6) Once the art is finally minted on on hen, send 1 edition to the showcase page: tz2G9rfyqekEtbeC2dbVuDRYqfuxLhanbvA
7) Finally, fill out this Google Form to confirm your participation! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSduJg0Hap39lqTErNMY1UdI6FvUzhs6Xh9b1-Wef6XnP2XRcg/viewform
That’s it! As a refresher, here are the prizes for #tezmasPH!
|Ranked Winners||1st place – $400 in tez|
|2nd place – $300 in tez|
|3rd place – $150 in tez|
|4th place – $100 in tez|
|5th place – $50 in tez|
|Special Prize||Most Liked and Shared on Twitter – $100 in tez|
Note: The NFT must be your original work, does not contain any copyrighted content, never been published/uploaded in the Internet before, and was never minted prior to the contest launch date of Nov. 18, 2021.
Timeline of Events:
Nov. 18, 2021 – Begin Submissions
Nov. 19, 2021 – Livestream on the CryptoArt PH Discord Group or NFT
Dec. 13, 2021 – Deadline of Submissions
Dec. 14 – 17, 2021 – Deliberation from the finals judges
Dec. 17, 2021 – Final livestream and announcement of winners
We can’t wait to showcase the art you created for Tezmas!
For more information about the campaign, check out our main article here: Announcing TezmasPH: A Pinoy Christmas-themed NFT Making Contest!
The paper of record chronicling the crypto movement in the Philippines, BitPinas started in 2017 to help spread correct information about crypto, DeFi, play-to-earn, and NFTs in the country. Find us www.bitpinas.com and www.fb.com/BitPinas.
TZ APAC is one of the leading adoption entities in Asia, designing blockchain strategies for enterprises and creators by working closely with experts and stakeholders in the Tezos ecosystem. www.tzapac.com
Tezos is smart money, redefining what it means to hold and exchange value in a digitally connected world. A self-upgradable and energy-efficient Proof of Stake blockchain with a proven track record, Tezos seamlessly adopts tomorrow’s innovations without network disruptions today. For more information, please visit www.tezos.com.
Artist, forerunner, and digital nomad, JopΞtH is one of the earliest crypto artists and is the co-founder of the Crypto Art Philippines Discord Group. https://twitter.com/AriasJopet
Crypto Art PH Group
Crypto Art PH is a community of artists and collectors dedicated to promoting awareness and education about NFT art in the country. https://twitter.com/cryptoartph
NFT Philippines Group
The official Filipino NFT community, the group is a hub for all things NFT and aims to promote local projects to the world. https://twitter.com/PhilippinesNFT
This article is published on BitPinas: How to Join #tezmasPH Contest – Mint Your NFT From Start to Finish!