DITO HOLDING’S Donald Lim Leads Formation of Blockchain Council of the Philippines
Subscribe to our newsletter!
MANILA, PHILIPPINES — To further promote blockchain technology in the country, leaders from the industries of finance, marketing, and technology have formed the Blockchain Council of the Philippines.
- Philippine Blockchain Week (PBW) lead convenor, Dr. Donald Lim, announced the formation of the council during a recent press conference held at the Manila Marriott Hotel in Pasay City.
- Dr. Lim said the council was formed to advocate blockchain education in the country and to help close the knowledge gap as Filipinos transition from Web2 to Web3.
- The council, he said, will actively pursue private sector and government cooperation to achieve the goal of making the Philippines the blockchain capital of Asia.
The Council members include:
- Donald Lim, COO, DITO CME
- Lito Villanueva, executive vice president of RCBC and chairman of FinTech Alliance;
- Ida Tiongson, chairperson and independent director of PruLife UK and a trustee of Fintech Alliance;
- Mark Gorriceta, managing partner and head of the technology media and telecommunications group of Gorriceta, Africa, Cauton, and Saavedra Law.
- Henry Aguda, Chairman of the Board, UBX;
- Martha Sazon, president and chief executive officer (CEO), GCash;
- Chezka Gonzales, founder, Woman of Substance NFT;
- Sheree Gotuaco, CEO, Scarletbox.io;
- Kate Hancock, founder, Metaverse XYZ;
- Brian Poe Llamanzares, founder, Artifract;
- Gail Macapagal, country director, Dynaquest;
- Emman Navalan, CEO, Tetrix;
- Emmanuel Samson, founder and CEO, Impero Group;
- Paul Soliman, chairman and CEO, Bayanichain;
- Oscar Tan-Abing, Jr., CEO, Anotoys Collectiverse
Blockchain is More Than Cryptocurrency
- According to Lito Villanueva, the objective of PBW is to help Juan Dela Cruz understand what blockchain is all about.
- He shared that the country is fortunate to have the most progressive and dynamic regulators.
Lim also announced Philippine Block Awards that “seeks to honor the people behind the blockchain ecosystem in the country.”
- The Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) also recently announced the launch of Web3 Alliance of the Philippines with the goal of supporting the holistic and ethical growth of emerging industries, including blockchain in the Philippines.
- At the Philippine Fintech Festival, the Distributed Ledger Association of the Philippines was also launched.
This article is published on BitPinas: DITO HOLDING’S Donald Lim Leads Formation of Blockchain Council of the Philippines
Disclaimer: The article is from a Press Release submitted to BitPinas or through its partners. Readers must do their own research before taking any actions related to the content on this specific page. BitPinas is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for anything caused by or in connection with the material in the press release.