January 17, 2020
Bonifacio Global City Taguig, Manila Philippines – With the arrival of a new decade that brings new opportunities to improve business and society through innovation and technology, the Society of Impact Technology United for the Philippines (SITUP) was established by its founding board members consisting of business leaders and seasoned technology experts. The mission of the association is to promote, educate and demonstrate the capabilities of impact technologies in improving business, governance and the local economies of cities, regions and the Philippine nation as a whole.
With technology being an essential factor in the development of economies and its surrounding industries, the time it takes to adopt new technologies in improving business practices and governance is a cycle that must be fast-tracked. A faster adoption cycle for new technology employed for enterprise or governance use will dictate their competitiveness when compared to their global counterparts and describe their capability to answer modern challenges brought upon by the changing business and economic times.
The society’s mission is to stage the adoption of impact technologies such as Blockchain, Intelligent Automation (IA), Data Analytics, 5G Communications, Light Fidelity (Li-Fi) and the Internet of Things (IoT) to businesses, organizations, Philippine cities, regions and in e-governance. This includes working with local and international partners in order to fast-track adoption while maintaining that the adoption is on-par with global industry standards.
The founding board members of the Society of Impact Technology United for the Philippines or SITUP is comprised of:
- Monchito Ibrahim, a pioneer in the Philippine analytics application and sciences, currently serving as a board of trustee member in the Analytics Association of the Philippines (AAP);
- James Donovan, recognized financial and investment expert on impact investments, Co-Founder and currently President and CEO of ADEC Innovations;
- Jeff Williams, the Co-Founder and CIO of GenFinity, an experienced IT Executive in global solutions delivery across Fortune 1000 companies;
- Damian Mapa, an internationally recognized expert in Information – Data Security and Privacy, currently serving as a board member in the Asia Advisory Board of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP);
- Guillermo Luz, known for his work in enterprise competitiveness, disaster preparedness, risk reduction management and disaster resilience, and is currently serving as the Chief Resilience Officer of the Philippine Disaster Resilience Foundation;
- Randy Knutson, a certified Blockchain Expert recognized by the Blockchain Council ™️ for his work in utilizing Blockchain for business and economic transformation that fosters inclusivity and accessibility, the current CEO and Founder of DynaQuest, an award-winning Blockchain & IT solutions provider.
Mission: Fast-track the adoption of impact technologies and its transformative effect to businesses, organizations and e-governance in the Philippines and the Southeast Asian Region.
Vision: Impact Technologies playing a crucial role in the inclusive, accessible and sustainable economic growth of Philippine business districts, regions and its industry verticals.
Nikko B. Visperas
This press release is published on BitPinas: Society of Impact Technology United for the Philippines, Announced by Founding Board Members