Good morning. Today’s let’s look at the market cap of some of the world’s largest banks, then we look at Bitcoin’s.
Welcome to Saturday Sats, part of our new series: BitPinas Daily. We will look at the price of Bitcoin, Ethereum and the major cryptocurrencies. Crypto is global, but sometimes news that matters happens while we sleep. So we bring to you what’s happening in our space here and abroad.
Market Price as of February 13, 2021:
Bitcoin closed February 12, 2021, at $47,408 per BTC. We’re u251% in the last 7 days and up 64% since the year began. This is 1.28% below the previous all-time high of $48,025 which was hit on Feb 9. 2021.
Bitcoin’s market capitalization stands today at $886,835,986,961 which is 58% of the entire cryptocurrency market. The entire crypto market, by the way, now has a market cap of $1,509,460,015,805 (+2.4%).
On the table above, there’s the cryptocurrency SLP. If you wonder what that is, check out this article: Playing Axie Infinity vs Minimum Basic Salary in the Philippines.
JPMorgan Will Offer Bitcoin Trading If There is Client Demand
“If over time an asset class develops that is going to be used by different asset managers and investors, we will have to be involved,” Pinto told CNBC in an interview published Friday. “The demand isn’t there yet, but I’m sure it will be at some point.” (By Yogita Khatri, The Block)
Bitcoin Now Twice as Large as the Largest Bank in the World.
Check out companiesmarketap.com:
Jed McCaleb Sold $69 Million XRP
The creator of XRP is one of the perma-sellers of the token and his selling has been well documented. This is the screenshot of XRPscan, as reported by Decrypt:
Of course, this did not make much impact because as you can see, XRP price is still doing well.
Countries and Cities
- Kyrgyzstan central bank plans to introduce licenses for crypto exchanges
- Australian regulators open to Bitcoin ETF with ‘rules in place’
- Nigerian Firms Baffled by Bitcoin Ban, Says Dan Holdings CEO
- Miami Officially Considers Putting Government Funds in Bitcoin
- India Will Ban Bitcoin, Says Senior Finance Ministry Official: Report
What else is happening
- Why Jay-Z’s Bitcoin Trust Matters
- Grayscale Files to Register Trust for DeFi Platform Yearn Finance
- Polkamarket prediction market plans
- DeFi aggregator 1inch stages new ‘vampire airdrop’ to Uniswap users
This article is published on BitPinas: Bitcoin Market Cap Larger Than The Biggest Bank in the World (Feb. 13, 2021)