- PDAX played a role in promoting the convergence of cryptocurrency and traditional finance at the Trust Officers Association of the Philippines (TOAP) Summit.
- PDAX introduced digital assets and their importance in wealth management, educating attendees about cryptocurrency and tokenized real-world assets available to the Filipino market.
- The summit attendees received Proof of Attendance (POA) non-fungible tokens (NFTs) as official digital souvenirs.
Local cryptocurrency exchange PDAX recently participated in the Trust Officers Association of the Philippines (TOAP) Summit, discussing digital asset’s role in wealth management.
PDAX at TOAP Summit
In a statement, the firm noted that many attendees were unaware of cryptocurrencies and tokenized real-world assets, particularly investment options that are readily available to the Filipino market, and that the topic of crypto in financial management was a revelation to them.
The firm highlighted that its presence in the summit demonstrates the commitment of the crypto industry to trust, security, and transparency, which the TradFi industry can utilize.
In addition, both online and on-site attendees received a Proof of Attendance (POA) non-fungible token (NFT) created by Mintoo Studios. Some of the NFTs are bearing gifts such as a bottle of 12-year-old Macallan double cask, a HydroFlask tumbler, and a PDAX shirt.
“Moving forward, we can anticipate a future where cryptocurrencies seamlessly integrate into the global financial ecosystem, offering new opportunities and benefits for investors and institutions alike,” PDAX noted.
What is the TOAP Summit?
First launched in 1964, the Trust Officers Association of the Philippines (TOAP) has been convening the country’s trust and banking leaders to discuss and explore the latest trends, challenges, and opportunities in the financial industry.
This year’s summit, its 60th, was themed “Trust: Forging a Better Tomorrow for the Next Gen.” It was held last September 20, 2023 at Sonata Ballroom in Mandaluyong City.
According to the press release, the event was officially open through a keynote address by Finance Secretary Dr. Benjamin Diokno, which was followed by a series of discussions on the global and local economic outlooks, revitalizing retirement plans for the next generation, the role of digital wealth management in financial inclusion, and the impact of artificial intelligence in the banking landscape.
Recent PDAX News
Recently, PDAX announced that it will be removing Binance USD (BUSD) from its platform due to Binance’s decision to stop supporting BUSD from February 2024. Users must convert or withdraw their BUSD balances by October 27, 2023.
PDAX and UnionBank partnered in April to provide UnionBank’s B2B clients with access to PDAX’s crypto services. This partnership enhances UnionBank customers’ banking experience by giving them access to crypto services.
Last May, the exchange implemented a four-phased system switch to improve the user trading experience. The switch simplified the trading experience, reduced maintenance downtimes, and enabled PDAX to incorporate additional features.
Moreover, Nichel Gaba, the CEO of PDAX, shared his insights on banking, cryptocurrency, and the Anti-Money Laundering Act (AMLA) in a BitPinas webcast last July.
- PDAX CEO Shares How PH Crypto Exchanges Implement AML Rules
- Why Traditional Banks Are Often Not Crypto-Friendly
- Bitpinas Webcast: PDAX CEO Tackles Anti-Money Laundering Act
- PDAX CEO Reveals: XRP, Stablecoins Favored by Remittance Firms to PH
This article is published on BitPinas: PDAX Leads Crypto-TradFi Fusion at TOAP Summit
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, it is essential that you carry out your own due diligence and seek appropriate professional advice about your specific position before making any financial decisions.
- BitPinas provides content for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.