- YGG Web3 Games Summit preparation includes a media launch in Taguig, featuring prominent speakers who express enthusiasm for the event and highlight the Philippines as a hub for web3 gaming adoption, emphasizing the country’s tech-savvy population and crypto adoption status.
- The summit, scheduled for November 18-25, will feature over 90 international and local speakers covering various aspects of web3 gaming, esports, content creation, and player adoption.
- It will also showcase more than 40 web3 games, host esports tournaments, and a hackathon, providing attendees with an opportunity to learn about the latest web3 trends and connect with professionals.
In preparation for the upcoming YGG Web3 Games Summit, gaming guild Yield Guild Games (YGG) held a media launch on October 17 at Bonifacio Global City (BGC), Taguig. The event featured a series of speeches from three esteemed speakers, a panel discussion, and a question-and-answer session with the media.
The press conference started with the opening remarks of Mench Dizon, YGG’s Country Manager, where she expressed excitement over the upcoming summit.
“The Filipino Web3 gaming community will be among the first to learn about where the industry is headed as blockchain technologies continue to evolve, and how mutual support will be beneficial in the long run as communities become even more interconnected.”Mench Dizon, Country Manager, YGG Pilipinas
At the media launch, Nathan Marasigan, Legal Counsel of YGG Pilipinas, addressed the attendees about his book on blockchain use cases and his belief that the Philippines is at the forefront of web3 gaming adoption. He cited three reasons why the country can fully adopt and utilize the technology: Filipinos are tech-savvy, the country has a young population, and the Philippines is the top crypto adopter in the world.
“This event will play as the biggest gateway for us to educate the community and show how the Philippines is at the forefront of that (web3 adoption).”Nathan Marasigan, Legal Counsel, YGG Pilipinas
Further, Leah Callon-Butler, Director of Emfarsis, provided a sneak preview of what summit attendees could join and experience next month.
“The more that I learn about the Philippines, the more that I feel that a crypto adoption miracle is set to happen here,” she highlighted.
Summit to bring Global Web3 leaders, Game Developers
According to a media release, the event will feature over 90 international and local speakers covering all aspects of web3 gaming, esports, content creation, and player adoption.
The following individuals have been confirmed as speakers:
- Yat Siu, Co-founder and Executive Chairman of Animoca Brands
- Jeffrey “Jihoz” Zirlin, Co-founder and Growth Lead of Sky Mavis
- Rohit Gupta, Co-founder of NYXL
- Kyu Lee of Com2Us
- Gabby Dizon, Co-founder of YGG
In addition to these esteemed speakers, the summit will also feature a three-day expo showcasing more than 40 Web3 games, including Ragnarok Landverse, Pixelmon, PROJECT XENO, Parallel, Mighty Action Heroes, Anito Legends, Metacene, Star Atlas, and Axie Infinity: Origins.
Moreover, Content creators and esports athletes will give attendees a sneak peek into their gameplay and compete in a three-day tournament for a chance to win cash prizes.
In a statement, YGG expressed its commitment to helping players enrich themselves, discover games, and develop vital skills for web3 within an open Metaverse.
What to Expect
The YGG Web3 Games Summit 2023 aims to provide attendees with a comprehensive exploration of the intersection between gaming and the emerging web3 ecosystem. The event will bring together leading game studios, venture builders, and the gaming community, highlighting the Philippines as a center of web3 adoption, particularly through gaming.
This week-long event, taking place in various venues in BGC Taguig from November 18 to 25, promises to be a great opportunity for attendees to learn about the latest trends in various web3 sectors, network with other professionals, and discover new opportunities.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to explore more than 40 web3 games during a three-day expo, watch content creators and esports athletes in action, and take part in a two-day hackathon—over 300 developers and students will be participating.
It will also include various activities such as a game jam hackathon, a conference, and esports tournaments, all designed to connect attendees and offer valuable insights into the future of gaming and digital ownership.
Moreover, with over 5,000 active gamers expected to participate, the event will also have regional watch parties for local communities.
Activity and venue:
- The Web3 Game Jam – STI College, Global City
- Conference -Shangri-La, The Fort (November 21-22)
- Expo and tournament – Samsung Hall, SM Aura Premier (November 23-25, 2023)
This article is published on BitPinas: YGG Web3 Games Summit to Bring the Best Game Developers in PH
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, it is essential that you carry out your own due diligence and seek appropriate professional advice about your specific position before making any financial decisions.
- BitPinas provides content for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.