[Live – Day 2] Philippine Web3 Festival Recap
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Event covered by Nathaniel Cajuday and Shiela Bertillo
The result of a decade-long undertaking in the #CryptoPH ecosystem, we are now on Day 2 of the Philippine Web3 Festival at Marquis Events Place. Watch the livestream here:
Day 2 of the #PHWeb3Fest, catch the live coverage thread of BitPinas at:
DEFINING THE WEB3 ECOSYSTEM by Neil Trinidad
Neil Trinidad, VP & Head of Crypto of e-wallet GCash, highlights that the country shows great potential to show the world its capabilities in the blockchain.
Trinidad tells the audience: Let’s go explore the web3 ecosystem together!
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE APPLICATIONS IN WEB 3.0 GAMES by Dr. Dimitry Mihaylov
Dimitry Mihaylov of Farcana talks about artificial intelligence applications in web3 games, highlighting their patented innovations that help improve the gaming experience.
Panel Discussion: THE PROTECTORS OF WEB3: KEEPING THE METAVERSE SECURE
- Lorne Lantz of Breadcrumbs app
- John Catrall of AWS
- Jarno Laatikainen of Chainalysis
- Chin Gandia of Emfarsis
On Web3 Security:
- Laatikainen: Users are aware of hacking but don’t know what to do when it actually happens.
- Catrall: Don’t put everything in one basket, consider spreading out.
- Lantz: The best protection is to work with honest people.
Panel Discussion: SIMPLIFYING THE PATHWAY TO THE METAVERSE
- Nathan Smale of Emfarsis
- Ash Mandhyan of Metaversego
- Crisela Magpayo-Cervantes of Globe
On onboarding the public to the metaverse:
- Magpayo-Cervantes: We are just beginning. The possibilities are endless. Web3 as technology is where the opportunities lie.
- Mandhyan: Working with Globe, when we bring it to your market, it’s already good for mass adoption.
THE ROLE OF BNB CHAIN FOR GAMING IN EMERGING NATIONS by Alvin Kan
Alvin Kan of BNB Cain discusses the role of BNB Chain for gaming in emerging nations: “We don’t just want to be an AAA-type game; we want to be a game that represents different genres.”
Panel Discussion: GLOBAL GUILD OUTLOOK: A GLIMPSE INTO THE FUTURE OF GUILDS
- Jen Bilango of BlockchainSpace
- Irene Umar of YGG SEA
- Akio Tanaka of YGG Japan
- Christy Choi SKYGG
- Abhishek Anand of IndiGG
On the challenges of subDAOs:
- Umar: Gaming is the way to welcome people into the metaverse. But in every bear market, they phase out.
- Choi: What will be the next biggest game?
Panel Discussion: FUNDING THE REVOLUTION FOR GOOD
- Angelo Kalaw of Celo
- Christian Violado of Grameen Foundation
- Maoi Arroyo of Ignite Impact Fund
Why use web3 for social impact?
- Arroyo: Blockchain eliminates trust issues. There are a lot of future for this, a lot of use cases.
- Violago: It is fast, effective, and transparent, which is very much needed for emergencies.
WEB3 MAKING LIFESTYLE SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE TO ALL by Varun Panjwani
THE POTENTIAL BINANCE SEES IN THE PHILIPPINES by Leon Foong
Leon Foong, Director of APAC at Binance, tackles “The Potential Binance Sees in the Philippines,” noting that they want to prioritize education, community building, and rebuilding trust in the blockchain space in the country.
Panel Discussion: FINDING THE 100X COMMUNITY IN GAMING
- Kalie Moore of Highvibe PR
- Ryan Kim of #Hashed
- Tommy Chang of Thr Spartan Group
- Juno Chen of SevenX Ventures
- Shi Khai Wei of LongHash Ventures
To onboard web2 gamers in digital gaming:
- Chen: Focus on the game itself, make it fun and engaging for them.
- Kim: Have get engage, get them educated and learn how these things work.
GUILD INFRASTRUCTURE WITH BLOCKCHAIN SPACE by Peter Ing
“Why are guilds important?
Education. We still have this problem that crypto is still too technical… Microguilds create micro-communities that help them (players/users) understand. They also onboard people, it’s really, really important.”
– Peter Ing, BlockchainSpace Founder and Philippine Web3 Festival Convenor
BUILDING A WEB3 GAMING & ENTERTAINMENT ECOSYSTEM by Paul Kim
“Games with the most fun, engaging, and great gameplay are the games that are succeeding.”
– Paul of Kim of XPLA as he explains about “Building a Web3 Gaming & Entertainment Ecosystem.”
MIX MARVEL AND THE RANGER PROTOCOL by Mary Ma
Mary Ma of Mix Marvel discusses Mix Marvel and the Ranger Protocol:
“We always believed that web3 would scale 5–10x scale in the coming years because it already happened on the internet, on PCs, and others.”
Panel Discussion: INVESTING IN WEB3 SINCE DAY ONE
Panel Discussion: ONBOARDING THE NEXT MILLION
- Celeste Rodriguez of YGG
- Shiela Marcelo of Metacrafters
- Kevin Hoang of AcadArena
- Nico del Pino of OlaGG
- Jacq Lim of Nas Academy
Metacrafters is in partnership with the National Teachers College, CEO Marcelo revealed.
“The sense of belongingness makes players want to join.” – Lim
Panel Discussion: ESPORTS FOR BLOCKCHAIN GAMING
- Een Mercado, Esports Host
- Mike Ovecka of YGG
- Nix Eniego of Sky Mavis, Axie Infinity
- Sascha Jochum of AMP Guild
- Joe Josue of Metasports
Nix Eniego on Axie Infinity formulating a good player experience: “We want players to feel that they are playing mindlessly, we want them to actually enjoy.”
As the panel talks about the idea of multiple Web2 gaming firms entering the Web3 space, the Axie Infinity PH lead stressed that it is a win-win situation because web2 gaming firms that have experience in building and esports can share their knowledge with web3 firms.
AWARDING OF WEB3 HACKATON WINNERS
This article is published on BitPinas: [Live – Day 2] Philippine Web3 Festival Recap