Executive Officers from six technology and innovation companies in the country will serve as mentor-judges in the upcoming The Final Pitch’s (TFP) All-Tech Season that will premiere on July 31, 2022 on CNN Philippines.
The six mentor-judges are:
- Wei Zhou, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Philippine-based e-wallet Coins.ph
- Francis Plaza, Co-Founder and CEO of fintech company PayMongo
- John Januszczak, President and CEO of Union Bank of the Philippines’ FinTech unit UBX, which was recognized as the Fastest Growing Fintech Company in South East Asia in 2020
- Rose Ong, Senior Vice President (SVP) and Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Wilcon Depot and one of the directors of the Proptech Consortium of the Philippines
- Amor Maclang, Co-Founder of Geiser-Maclang and Convenor and Founder of Digital Pilipinas (DP)
- Alvin Ong, CEO of Fredley Group of Companies that consists of over 250 restaurants and café branches in the country
This will be the eighth season of TFP, will be hosted by John Aguilar, and will focus on an all-tech lineup of startups and entrepreneurs.
“This will be our biggest season yet. The 8th season of the show is a very deliberate slant towards tech, and we are looking forward to backing startups that will help our economy transition back to pre-pandemic growth levels,” said Aguilar.
According to DP’s statement, TFP Season Eight comes at an opportune moment as the local startup ecosystem is experiencing a boom with a 179% increase in raised funding in 2021 to as much as $1 billion, generating interest from local and international investors.
“It is natural that we championed Web 3 and all of these nascent technologies – blockchain, crypto, fintech — with some of the leading organizations and governments in ASEAN. However, all of these technologies without mass uptake are virtually for naught. And that has been our mission, which is #massuptake,” says Amor Maclang, Convenor and Founder of Digital Pilipinas.
The All-Tech Season was filmed last July 5 to 6, 2022 in Okada Manila, the show’s exclusive hotel and venue partner.
“Being one of the technologically advanced resorts in the country, it’s the perfect match for us. Looking forward to some fantastic creative ideas and talents out there,” said Ivaylo Ivanov, Okada Manila SVP for Hotel Operations, that will also serve as guest judge.
In a statement, Aguilar emphasized that Season 8 would serve as a prelude and a run-up to The Final Pitch: ASEAN, which will involve Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and Vietnam, that will be filmed and aired by 2023.
“We aim for the show to be the regional platform that will enable cross-border investment and cooperation across Southeast Asia. Proudly Filipino produced, for a global audience,” Aguilar concluded.
The Final Pitch Season 8: Tech Edition will premiere on July 31, 2022, at 8:30 pm on CNN Philippines and is produced by Streetpark Productions Inc.
This article is published on BitPinas: Coins.ph, Paymongo, UBX CEOs, 3 Others Will Be will be CNN PH’s ‘The Final Pitch’ Season 8 Mentor-Judges
Disclaimer: BitPinas articles and its external content are not financial advice. The team serves to deliver independent, unbiased news to provide information for Philippine-crypto and beyond.