- Coins.ph and Venly partner to offer over 18 million users the chance to purchase FIBA 2023 NFTS — the FIBA Memento NFT Collectibles — at an exclusive discount.
- FIBA, in collaboration with Venly, introduced digital NFT collectibles for the 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup, allowing fans to own a piece of basketball history with various collectible tiers and exclusive perks.
- Coins.ph CEO Wei Zhou highlights that their partnership is an important step to bring Filipinos closer to adopting digital payments through their application.
In conjunction with the conclusion of the 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup on September 10, the homegrown cryptocurrency exchange and digital wallet, Coins.ph, announced a partnership with blockchain technology provider Venly.
This partnership will allow Coins.ph’s more than 18 million users to purchase a set of FIBA Memento non-fungible token (NFT) collectibles at an exclusive discount.
Coins.ph and Venly FIBA 2023 NFTs
To cater to the thousands of basketball fans in the Philippines, Coins.ph and Venly are offering fans the opportunity to own digital NFT collectibles from the event, allowing them to own a piece of basketball history through digital assets.
Coins.ph CEO Wei Zhou highlights that their partnership is an important step to bring Filipinos closer to adopting digital payments through their application.
“Hopefully, this can become a starting point for many Filipinos as the opportunity to bridge digital technology and the country’s love for basketball align with this partnership. I love basketball and I love web3. This is an amazing opportunity for us to bring the best of both worlds to our users. It’s not everyday you get to own a piece of sports history.”Wei Zhou, CEO, Coins.ph
Venly CEO Tim Dierckxsens stated that the focus of their company is always on the user experience. He stressed that through their partnership with Coins, basketball fans can browse the online store, purchase the digital collectibles, and have them delivered directly to their ready-made wallet account without having to have any knowledge of blockchain or cryptocurrency.
“Recognizing the need for localized payments in the Philippines, we sought a simple solution. Coins.ph is now empowering us to connect with millions of Filipino basketball fans by offering a localized payment option for their purchases, ensuring accessibility and convenience for all.”Tim Dierckxsens, CEO, Venly
FIBA Mementos NFT
For the 19th edition of its flagship event, FIBA has partnered with Venly to offer fans the opportunity to purchase digital NFT collectibles from the FIBA Basketball World Cup 2023.
The digital NFT collectibles come in various tiers, including “Fan’s Frenzy” for general basketball fans, “National Pride” with unique designs representing national teams, “Ultimate Courtside” in limited quantities, and “Golden Glory” as a unique airdrop for winners.
These collectibles are available through the FIBA Basketball World Cup NFT Shopify store and are minted on the Polygon blockchain. They offer utility accessed via a token-gated platform.
Fans who purchase FIBA Mementos from the Fan’s Frenzy, National Pride or Ultimate Courtside collections will unlock exclusive perks and benefits, including access to the Mementos community, discounted FIBA merchandise, FIBA tickets, signed memorabilia from FIBA stars, and more.
Moreover, the first fans to obtain a FIBA Memento will be awarded a collectible NFT, which will be distributed to existing Memento holders.
Other Related FIBA 2023 NFTs in PH
BlockchainSpace has partnered with Smart Communications for the FIBA World Cup 2023 to provide event attendees with exclusive Shiny NFTs for raffles through the Yey platform.
This marks the introduction of branded NFTs by Smart and supports YEY’s goal of promoting web3 adoption. YEY provides a platform for creators, games, and brands to creatively reward fans through Polygon-based custodial wallets.
This article is published on BitPinas: Coins.ph, Venly Partners to Let Pinoys Purchase FIBA 2023 NFTs.
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, it is essential that you carry out your own due diligence and seek appropriate professional advice about your specific position before making any financial decisions.
- BitPinas provides content for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.