- Mooneen, a Taiwanese gaming company, launched the blockchain-based play-to-earn (P2E) game “Rise of Elves” in the Philippines.
- The launch aims to capitalize on the Philippine’’ strong interest in blockchain games, as evidenced by its high ranking in the 2022 NFT Gaming Adoption Report.
- “Rise of Elves” is a Polygon blockchain-based game where players collect and trade unique elves as NFTs.
Taiwan-based gaming firm Mooneen officially launched its blockchain-based play-to-earn (P2E) game, “Rise of Elves,” in the Philippines at Ayala Mall Circuit in Makati City last September 14, 2023.
Following the launch, Mooneen announced that Filipinos can now join over 66,000 players from Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Thailand, and Singapore in playing Rise of Elves.
The developer stated that with launching the game, it intends to strengthen its presence in the Philippines, which was ranked fourth out of 26 countries in the 2022 NFT Gaming Adoption Report by global fintech platform Finder.
“The Philippines is the first launch market that we have chosen. Besides having a substantial player base familiar with blockchain games, we also aim to make the in-game ecosystem more vibrant by welcoming Filipino players into our community,” Johnson Chan, Mooneen Blockchain Architecture Development& Strategy Research Specialist, stated.
In a media release, the firm disclosed that the game partnered with boxing legend Manny “PacMan” Pacquiao to create an exclusive in-game hero design and 200 different styles of Manny Pacquiao non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
In addition, the game has also featured NFTs in partnership with gaming content creator Aningning, who is a prominent member of Team Payaman YOW.
What is “Rise of Elves”?
Rise of Elves is a Polygon blockchain-based game where players collect and trade elves as NFTs. These elves can be used in battles and events, allowing players to earn cryptocurrency rewards. It is a virtual world with in-game NFTs called “Elves” that can be traded for real money on the game’s marketplace.
Players can also evolve new Elves on the official website, which can be used to build more powerful teams and yield additional NFTs that can also be sold.
In Rise of Elves, each Elf is a distinct NFT composed of seven parts, including Body, Top, Ears, Eyes, Back, Chest, and Tail, each with unique attributes affecting their battle performance. Players can also incorporate “Heroes” into their Elf teams, allowing for diverse combinations and strategies.
Gameplay and Tokenomics
The game has two game modes: Arena mode for Player-versus-Player (PvP) combat and Adventure mode for Player-versus-Environment (PvE) combat.
Players can earn and trade three distinct tokens in the game: Rise Of Elves (ROE), Crystal Of Element (COE), and Magic Book (MGB).
- ROE – The game’s governance token, which allows players to vote on new developments. ROE is awarded to players who compete in the Arena and place at the top of the tournament leaderboard.
- COE – Rise of Elves’ in-game currency, it is earned by playing in both the Adventure and Arena modes.
- Both ROE and COE are required to evolve new Elves.
- MGB tokens are used to acquire Heroes and can only be earned through the Adventure mode or purchased from the marketplace.
“When we initially designed the game’s economic model, we made critical adjustments to prevent the issues faced by other similar games. We’ve implemented a three-token model to ensure a sustainable cycle where the player needs and rewards circulate back into the game itself,” Chan said.
According to him, the firm conducted thorough research, including looking into other NFT games. He noted that the most significant difference between Moneen and other blockchain pioneers “lies in the rigorously calculated and disaster-avoiding design of our economic system.”
“Additionally, our game modes and battle variations offer even more playability and diversity compared to our predecessors and competitors,” he added.
Chan envisions play-to-earn (P2E) games like Rise of Elves as a gateway to the world of Web3 for players who were originally in the Web2 space. He emphasized that their goal with Rise of Elves is to consistently reduce the entry barriers for average mobile gamers, allowing them to experience the thrill and rewards of gaming.
How to Start Playing?
Step 1: Create a MetaMask wallet.
Step 3: Connect to MetaMask and log in.
Step 4: Buy Elves in the marketplace.
This article is published on BitPinas: Mooneen Launches Blockchain Game “Rise of Elves” in PH
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, it is essential that you carry out your own due diligence and seek appropriate professional advice about your specific position before making any financial decisions.
- BitPinas provides content for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.