- The BLOKC signed a memorandum of agreement (MOA) with Lyceum University of the Philippines (LPU), focusing on integrating blockchain education into LPU’s College of Technology (LPU-COT).
- The partnership aims to improve education, empower students, and create a dynamic learning environment in LPU-COT, with a strong focus on blockchain technology and its real-world applications.
- The collaboration will include initiatives such as student internships, faculty development programs, hackathons, bootcamps, educational tours, seminars, and certifications, to prepare students for success in the rapidly evolving field of blockchain technology.
Following its recent partnership with Mapua, The Blockchain Lead Organization & Knowledge Center (The BLOKC), a blockchain education-focused platform, recently signed another memorandum of agreement MOA with one of the country’s top institutes, Lyceum University of the Philippines (LPU).
The BLOKC and LPU Partnership
The integration of blockchain education will be focused on LPU’s College of Technology (LPU-COT) which will aid the college to reach its aim to be a leading higher education institution for technology. LPU-COT was one of the pioneers in offering a blockchain elective course in partnership with NEM Philippines, Inc. (whose key leadership personnel are now leading The BLOKC) in 2018.
In a statement, the department stated that it intends to develop graduates and earn recognition for its outstanding contributions to research, innovation, and community outreach.
“LPU-College of Technology MOA signing with The BLOKC, our esteemed partner in providing comprehensive education on Blockchain and Digital Currency to our students. We’re excited about the opportunity to enhance our students’ literacy in these cutting-edge technologies!” Dr. Arlene Caballero, Dean of LPU-COT, said.
Dr. Earl Albina, The Department Chair of Computer Science and BS Esports, College of Technology, stressed that the university shares the company’s vision and mission regarding the significance and necessity of blockchain technology, as well as its application to real-world use cases.
“Working together, The BLOKC can promote standardization, bridge the industry-academic divide, stimulate collaboration, and fully realize the potential of blockchain while accelerating its wider adoption into our daily lives,” Albina stated.
Further, he emphazied that The LPU Manila, College of Technology will “integrate the Blockchain Technology to our Computer Science and Information Technology Curricula, Faculty Development Programs, and Student Development Programs. Also, to make our faculty and students certified in Blockchain Technology.”
Recently, The BLOKC also partnered with Mapua University’s School of Information Technology to provide the university with programs such as structured internships, faculty training, curriculum review, blockchain program development, and others.
(Read more: The BLOKC Mid-Year 2023: Highlights and Outlook)
The partnership between BLOKC and LPU-COT spans across various initiatives especially focused on fostering a holistic approach to education and promoting development and innovation in the blockchain field.
- The collaboration will provide student internships and faculty development programs that would bridge the gap between academia and the real world by providing students with practical experience and networking opportunities.
- The BLOKC will provide the university with activities such as hackathons, bootcamps, R&D, blockchain group, educational tours, community projects, seminars, training, recruitment, labs, curriculum, certifications, and collaborations, the organization said in a statement.
“By combining academic knowledge with real-world applications and industry engagement, the collaboration strives to prepare students for success in the rapidly evolving field of blockchain technology,” the media release said.
Last February 22, 2023, The BLOKC was appointed by the LPU-COT in its Industry Advisory Board to bring together industry leaders to discuss trends, challenges, and opportunities which will further help the college improve their curriculum.
Lyceum’s LPU Sotero H. Laurel – Academic Resource Center (SHL-ARC) was the official venue partner for the UNBLOKC 2023 Live Pitching event of The BLOKC that was held last June 6, 2023.
This article is published on BitPinas: The BLOKC Signs MOA with LPU-COT for Blockchain Education
Disclaimer: BitPinas articles and its external content are not financial advice. The team serves to deliver independent, unbiased news to provide information for Philippine-crypto and beyond.