January 24, 2019: The future of jobs is not white collar and blue collar, but rather “new collar jobs”, says IBM Asia Pacific.
IBM has unveiled P-TECH (Pathways in Technology Early College High) model, a technology education program that aims to prepare students of today for “new collar jobs” based on technology that will be in demand in the future, such as AI, cloud computing, blockchain, quantum computing, and cybersecurity.
According to Harriet Green, IBM Asia Pacific CEO and chairman, 500,000 tech jobs, most of them “new collar jobs” will be generated in the Philippines by 2022. “We need to start work today ensure our workforce has the right skills for these jobs,” he said in a statement. Students under the P-TECH program will undergo paid internships and mentorships while also providing exposure to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math careers early on their academic life.
This, according to IBM will increase the talent pool in the country which is necessary as many companies today are undergoing digital shifts.
The P-TECH program’s pilot effort will happen at Taguig City University via a memorandum signed by IBM Asia Pacific CEO Harriet Green, IBM Philippines President Aileen Judan-Jiao, and Taguig City Mayor Laarni Cayetano.
The program is just one of the initiatives centered around ensuring the upcoming generation of talent will be ready for the jobs of the future, which are centered around data science, blockchain, computer engineering, etc. Several blockchain companies, such as NEM Philippines, have been making the rounds in Philippine schools to spread blockchain awareness.
This article originally appeared at BitPinas: IBM Philippines Tech Education Program Prepares Students for New Collar Jobs in Blockchain, AI
- List of Licensed Virtual Currency Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Exchanges in the Philippines
- List of CEZA-Approved Offshore Crypto Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Wallets
- List of Bitcoin Wallets
- List of LoyalCoin Partners
- Philippines Blockchain Business Directory
- List of Philippine Blockchain Events
- Bitcoin to PHP
- Cryptocurrency Charts in Pesos
Notes and Disclaimer:
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter!
- Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here.