Satoshi Citadel Industries mentioned in a blog post that its subsidiary, Rebittance Inc now has a license to operate as a virtual currency exchange. The Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas has so far granted licenses to Rebittance, as well as to Coins.ph.
SCI Ventures and BSP
Table of Contents
SCI Ventures mentioned in a post:
SCI and The BSP started a dialogue in late 2014 when the company’s founders approached the Central Bank about the best way to approach regulations. With the cooperation of the major players in the Philippine Bitcoin industry, as well as the efforts of its BSP counterparts, they made sure that the new regulations had the best interests of the industry, consumer, and the nation in mind.
The Philippines and Cryptocurrency
The Philippines has been lauded as one of the most-forward looking countries when it comes to the adoption of cryptocurrency. Early this year, the BSP issued guidelines with regards to virtual currencies. Included in the BSP’s Circular No. 944 are the following:
- Requirements to operate
- Transactional Requirements
- Outline of technology to be used to protect the business and its customers
- Internal Control
Recently, Coins.ph announced its successful acquisition of a BSP License as well.
Satoshi Citadel Industries
Satoshi Citadel Industries is a pioneer blockchain company in the Philippines. It operates the following products:
- Buybitcoin.ph – Bitcoin buy and sell site
- Bitbit – Bitcoin Wallet
- Rebit – Remit money to the Philippines using bitcoin
It is worth noting that Satoshi has other products related to bitcoin and blockchain. Check them out here: http://sci.ph/products.html. Mr. Miguel Cuneta, Mr. John Bailon, and Mr. Jardine Gerodias are co-founders and act as Chief Community Officer, Chief Tech Officer, and Chief Operating Officer respectively.
- BSP’s position on Cryptocurrencies in the Philippines
- Coins.ph announces License Acquisition
- What’s KYC (Know Your Customer)
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here.
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter!
- Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.