Subscribe to our newsletter!
- Sky Mavis has released the Alpha build of Axie Infinity: Homeland for all landowners as of December 28, 2022.
- This release marks the beginning of Phase 1 of Sky Mavis’ roadmap for the game, which includes plans for NFT Axie gameplay, Land tokens, and mobile accessibility in future phases.
- In the game, players guide their Axies in building a settlement on the planet of Lunacia, gathering resources, equipping native adventurers with supplies, and competing on a leaderboard against other landowners.
As part of the developer’s roadmap, the Alpha build of Axie Infinity: Homeland is now live for all landowners starting December 28, 2022, Sky Mavis announced.
“Guide your axies as they harvest, produce, build, and push the limits of technology while developing their land. Arm native Lunacian adventurers with equipment and supplies as they battle waves of monsters. Your progress in both of these areas will be tracked on a leaderboard,” the developer said in a statement.
“Once we have smoothed out and improved the game over the upcoming year, we will exit Alpha and all progress will be reset. However, players will be able to keep exclusive off-chain cosmetics they’ve earned in the Alpha period,” Sky Mavis explained.
The said release is the start of Phase 1 of Sky Mavis’ roadmap for Axie Infinity: Homeland. Based on the above image, the timeline for Land gameplay is from 2021 stretching up to 2026.
By Phase 2, Sky Mavis will be introducing NFT Axies Gameplay and deploy bonuses for connected plots. (Some users’ land plots are adjacent to each other.)
There will be a Land token by Phase 3. Mobile accessibility and App store distribution is set for Phase 4.
Players will guide their Axies in establishing a settlement on the planet of Lunacia.
As they progress, they will be able to equip native adventurers with the necessary weapons, armor, and supplies to defeat monsters.
Other tasks should also be accomplished in this game, such as:
- Gather and store natural resources.
- Optimize the task assignments and workflows of worker Axies.
- Build structures that enable storage, item production, and growth of the settlement’s population.
- Craft supplies, weapons, armor, and items that aid native adventurers in their battles.
- Trade with both native Adventurers and other landowners for in-game currency.
- Arm native adventurers with the best equipment and send them into battle against waves of monsters
- Compete in the leaderboard against fellow owners on both the maturity of your land and how successful your armed adventurers have performed in battle.
- Show off your creativity and style by designing and decorating your plot.
- Explore the world and marvel at the real-time growth of Lunacia as players upgrade and enhance their Land.
Currently, Sky Mavis clarified that the only in-game on-chain mechanics are the use of NFT Land plots and the ability to place NFT Land items.
“The Sky Mavis team has been playing this alpha release for over a week, and we’ve found that the early game experience can be overwhelming with so much to do and learn. We’d like to share a number of resources to help ease new players into the game while we develop this content into the game itself,” the developer highlighted.
And to make the competition tougher, Sky Mavis revealed that the top players on the leaderboard during the Season 0 Alpha launch will receive special in-game titles as a form of reward.
“We plan to enhance the overall user experience, which is very rough, by improving the button layouts, adding a tutorial, and building in more general guidance. We value the input of our community and believe that with your help, we can turn this game into a true masterpiece! For a glimpse into the longer-term roadmap and the integration of web3 native features, please watch Philip La’s presentation from AxieCon,” it concluded.
This article is published on BitPinas: Sky Mavis Releases Alpha Build of Axie Infinity: Homeland
Disclaimer: BitPinas articles and its external content are not financial advice. The team serves to deliver independent, unbiased news to provide information for Philippine-crypto and beyond.