- TRON is a decentralized blockchain-based operating system that was launched by Justin Sun in 2017.
- TRON claims to allow content creators to sell their work directly to their audience on the platform; this will lead to higher rewards for their efforts, as per the developers.
- Tronix (TRX) is the native currency of the TRON network, which is used for transactions, governance, and benefits on the platform.
Have you ever heard of a blockchain whose name is inspired by a movie? Let me introduce TRON and its native token, TRX.
TRON and TRX
TRON is a decentralized blockchain-based operating system that was launched by Justin Sun in 2017. The TRON Foundation was established in the same year, while the TRON mainnet was launched in 2018 after migrating from the Ethereum network.
On its website, TRON shared that one of its goals is to create a “decentralized internet” by using blockchain technology and smart contracts. This could be made possible by allowing content creators full ownership rights, direct interaction with their audiences, and eliminating intermediaries such as streaming services, app stores, or music sites.
TRX to PHP Price
Check out our 6 most recently updated crypto guides:
Check out more articles in our Cryptocurrency 101 Series
Basically, TRON claims to allow content creators to sell their work directly to their audience on the platform; this will lead to higher rewards for their efforts, as per the developers.
Tronix (TRX) is the native currency of the TRON network, which is used for transactions, governance, and benefits on the platform. Technically, content creators and their audiences must use TRX to pay for the content and dApps on the platform, and in return, they can also receive TRX as rewards, such as voting rights and airdrops.
In terms of transactions, the network also offers cheaper but faster fees. It is said that TRON only charges $0.000005 per transaction while processing up to 2,000 transactions per second (TPS). This is much faster compared to Ethereum’s 15 TPS.
Tronix More Key Information
|$0.231673 (January 5, 2018)
|$0.00180434 (November 12, 2017)
TRON and TRX Fun Facts
- TRON is the name of a sci-fi movie from 1982 that inspired Sun. The movie is about a programmer who gets sucked into a virtual world inside a computer, where he has to fight against an evil program.
- The name of the native token, Tronix, comes from the word “electronic”, which reflects the vision of TRON to create a decentralized Internet.
- TRON has its own mascot, TRON-BULL. It was launched in January 2021 to” bring hope and encouragement” to the industry. TRON BULL also has a mosaic of four adventure stories set in different worlds, representing its spirit of exploration and discovery, and has its own emojis and merchandise to increase the bond between TRON and its users.
- TRON has a community of supporters who call themselves Tronics. Tronics claims to be a passionate community that spreads the word about TRON and its vision, as well as helping each other with any issues or questions.
Where to Buy TRX?
Most exchanges support Tronix, including PDAX, GCrypto, Coins.ph, Maya, Coinbase, Kraken, and Binance.
Step 1: To start buying, selling, holding, and trading TRX on these exchanges, users should create and verify an account by providing requirements such as personal information, email address, phone number, valid ID, and selfie.
Step 2: Choose the TRX trading pair, it could be TRX/USDT, TRX/USD, TRX/PHP or others.
Step 3: Buy TRX by typing the desired amount.
Step 4: Check the crypto wallet of the exchange, select the transfer or send option, and type in the wallet address of the receiver. Make sure that the wallet is compatible with TRX.
Step 5: Check if the transaction is complete. Usually, the amount has already been loaded to the wallet.
This article is published on BitPinas: Tron Philippines | Where to Buy TRX in PH
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, it is essential that you carry out your own due diligence and seek appropriate professional advice about your specific position before making any financial decisions.
- BitPinas provides content for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.
Original article below (may contain outdated information)
TRON (TRX) was a top cryptocurrency in 2017 according to CoinMarketCap. But what is Tron? How is TRX used? And most importantly, how can we buy it from the Philippines?
The aim of Tron is to become the blockchain for digital entertainment content. It has partnerships with Asian bike sharing company oBike and even Game.com. There was an intention to launch a game similar to Cryptokitties on the Tron platform and recently acquired BitTorrent.
This article had a slight modification on October 2, 2018.
If Tron becomes successful, it will become the platform where digital content producers and users will meet. It will the place where users will buy digital content such as games, and even music. That is its vision.
Behind Tron is Mr. Justin Sun. A graduate of Hupan and Peking Universities. He is one of the first students of Hupan University, which was founded by Jack Ma himself.
How to buy TRX in the Philippines
What you are going to buy is not TRON, but Tronix (TRX) – its currency.
Also, there’s no direct way to buy TRX ala Coins.ph style. You can’t convert your PHP to TRX directly just like how you probably do it with bitcoins.
Before you hit the back button, remember that most cryptocurrencies are not traded against the Pesos or even USD or even any other fiat currencies. Virtually all altcoins are traded against bitcoin.
Buy Trx in Binance Through P2P
Binance is one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges in the world in terms of volume. Register for Binance here.
You can purchase TRx from Binance through P2P. This is the simplest out of the options mentioned in this article. Here are the steps:
- Log in or register to Binance
- Go to its P2P page
- Find a seller of USDT for your PHP
- Transfer USDT from Binance P2P to Binance Spot
- Find Trx/USDT Pair
Here is our step-by-step guide to buy crypto using Binance P2P: How to Use Binance P2P to Buy Bitcoin, USDT in the Philippines
Update: Buy TRX on Abra
Abra supports depositing fiat via local banks and through credit cards. You can exchange bitcoins for ADA within the Abra App. Should in case you want to cash out, you can do via partner merchants like Tambunting.
- Download Abra here! (It will ask for your mobile number, start with the PH area code 63.)
- Buy cryptocurrency on Abra through credit card
Buy TRX in Cryptocurrency Exchanges
You might think it is too complex, but with our guide, you can buy TRX from Binance, a leading cryptocurrency exchange platform. Keep in mind that what we’re going to do is trade our bitcoins for tronix:
- Register for Binance.
- How to Trade Bitcoins for Altcoins Using Binance
The link above discusses how you can proceed to buy an altcoin (in this case, Tronix) from Binance.
Step by Step Guide to Buy Tron from the Philippines using Binance
- Go to Binance P2P page
- Find a seller that where you can buy USDT
- After buying USDT, you can purchase TRX on Binance
- Proceed with the trade as detailed in our Binance Philippines guide.
Check out the wallets here.
Other Ways to Buy Tronix
We cannot recommend any other exchanges to buy TRONIX yet beside Binance.
Can I keep Tronix at Coins.ph?
A platform for digital content is certainly a good idea that will have far-reaching benefits to both producers and users alike, if successful. At the time this article was written in 2017, Tron’s value was rallying ahead of upcoming partnership announcements from Mr. Sun himself.