TRON (TRX) comfortably sits within the top 15 best cryptocurrency via Coinmarketcap as of press time. But what is Tron? How is TRX used? And most importantly, how can we buy it from the Philippines?
Table of Contents
- 1 TRON Overview
- 2 How to buy TRX in the Philippines
- 3 Update: Buy TRX on Abra
- 4 Buy TRX in Cryptocurrency Exchanges
- 5 Step by Step Guide to Buy Tron from the Philippines using Binance
- 6 Buy Tron with Credit Card Using Changelly
- 7 Tronix Wallet
- 8 Other Ways to Buy Tronix
- 9 Can I keep Tronix at Coins.ph?
- 10 Can I send my Tronix to Coinbase?
- 11 Overall
The aim of Tron is to become the blockchain for digital entertainment content. It has partnerships with Asian bike sharing company oBike and even Game.com. There was an intention to launch a game similar to Cryptokitties on the Tron platform and recently acquired BitTorrent.
This article had a slight modification on October 2, 2018.
If Tron becomes successful, it will become the platform where digital content producers and users will meet. It will the place where users will buy digital content such as games, and even music. That is its vision.
Behind Tron is Mr. Justin Sun. A graduate of Hupan and Peking Universities. He is one of the first students of Hupan University, which was found by Jack Ma himself.
How to buy TRX in the Philippines
What you are going to buy is not TRON, but Tronix (TRX) – its currency.
Also, there’s no direct way to buy TRX ala Coins.ph style. You can’t convert your PHP to TRX directly just like how you probably do it with bitcoins.
Before you hit the back button, remember that most cryptocurrencies are not traded against the Pesos or even USD or even any other fiat currencies. Virtually all altcoins are traded against bitcoin.
Update: Buy TRX on Abra
Abra supports depositing fiat via local banks and through credit cards. You can exchange bitcoins for ADA within the Abra App. Should in case you want to cash out, you can do via partner merchants like Tambunting.
- Download Abra here! (It will ask for your mobile number, start with the PH area code 63.)
- Buy cryptocurrency on Abra through credit card!
Buy TRX in Cryptocurrency Exchanges
You might think it is too complex, but with our guide, you can buy TRX from Binance, a leading cryptocurrency exchange platform. Keep in mind that what we’re going to do is trade our bitcoins for tronix:
- Register for Binance here.
- How to Trade Bitcoins for Altcoins Using Binance
The link above discusses how you can proceed to buy an altcoin (in this case, Tronix) from Binance.
Step by Step Guide to Buy Tron from the Philippines using Binance
- Send bitcoin from your Coins.ph account to your BTC wallet in Binance
- Of course, you can also use your other wallets. Transfer your bitcoin from that wallet into Binance.
- Go to Binance BTC/Tronix page
- Proceed with the trade as detailed in our Binance Philippines guide.
Buy Tron with Credit Card Using Changelly
Changelly platform allows anyone to purchase Tron using credit card, debit card, bitcoin and other supported altcoins.
Check out the wallets here.
Other Ways to Buy Tronix
We cannot recommend any other exchanges to buy TRONIX yet beside Binance.
Can I keep Tronix at Coins.ph?
No, you cannot. Coins.ph only supports BTC, ETH, and BCH at the moment.
Can I send my Tronix to Coinbase?
A platform for digital content is certainly a good idea that will have far-reaching benefits to both producers and users alike, if successful. As of press time, Tron’s value is rallying ahead of upcoming partnership announcements from Mr. Sun himself. Also now sitting at the top 15 in Coinmarketcap, if you believe in Tron’s mission, you can support it with the steps we provided above.
- How to Buy Cardano from the Philippines
- How to transfer coins from Coins.ph to Bittrex
- How to buy Altcoins
- List of Licensed Virtual Currency Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Exchanges in the Philippines
- List of CEZA-Approved Offshore Crypto Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Wallets
- List of Bitcoin Wallets
- List of LoyalCoin Partners
- Philippines Blockchain Business Directory
- List of Philippine Blockchain Events
- Bitcoin to PHP
- Cryptocurrency Charts in Pesos
Notes and Disclaimer:
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter! Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here.
- Invest in bitcoins (or in any altcoins) only the amount you can afford to lose!
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your bitcoin and cryptocurrency investment.
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, check the people behind it, its mission, and other details to ensure that they are worth investing for. Don’t invest in something you don’t know.
- This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. There is no substitute for doing your own research. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.