The Pag-IBIG Fund is one of the major benefits a Filipino can get. Owned by the government and controlled by a corporation under the Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council, it offers loans and affordable housing programs to members. Also known as Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF), did you know that you can process payments using crypto?
New Pag-IBIG Members
Table of Contents
- 1 New Pag-IBIG Members
- 2 How to Recover Lost Pag IBIG Number
- 3 How to Pay Pag Ibig Online with Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency
Before you can do your monthly contribution using your cryptocurrency, you will need to be a Pag IBIG member to get your permanent id number (MID number). Registration Tracking No (RTN) is also as important.
Online membership registration is easy with Pag IBIG Fund’s enrollment system. Pag Ibig Online is like a one-stop shop for interested Filipinos as it has employer registration, OFW member’s contribution verification, Kasambahay Unified Registration, and more.
For payments, aside from cryptocurrency that we will teach you, the site also has an online payment facility, an option for members who want to pay their monthly savings via credit cards. MP2 Enrollment System is also available for members who want to enroll in the Modified Pag-IBIG II (MP2) Program. Last but not the least is for the employer’s easier submission of their monthly remittance file called Electronic Submission of Remittance Schedule (eSRS).
How to Enroll:
Step 1: Go to the Pag IBIG Online Website
Step 2: Go to Membership Registration
Step 3: Complete the Online Form
How to Recover Lost Pag IBIG Number
What if you’re already enrolled but you lost or forgot your MID number? No, you can’t re-enroll for a new one but instead, you can contact Pag-IBIG through their hotline which is open 24/7 or email address.
Hotline: (02) 724-4244
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
What you’ll need:
- Complete name including your middle name
- Place of Birth
- Previous Employer
- Mother’s Maiden Name
*Writer’s Note: I personally tried the email address route and the member relations officers are very courteous. I emailed them on August 2, 2017 and they were able to track my MID and RTN on August 11, 2017.
How to Pay Pag Ibig Online with Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency
Here is what you will need to process a payment to Pag IBIG online with bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies:
- Active Coins.ph account (Register here!)
- Peso/bitcoin/bitcoin cash/ethereum balance (at least Php 300)
- Pag IBIG MID number
- Open your Coins.ph account
- Tap on Pay Bills
- Choose the type of Pag-IBIG Fund payment
- Choose to whether you want to pay using your Peso or bitcoin
- If your balance is either in your ethereum wallet or bitcoin cash wallet, make sure to convert them first to BTC or PHP.
- Put the appropriate amount with the minimum at Php 100 and tap/click on Next.
- Put your Pag-Ibig MID number and other details needed.
- Slide to pay.
Pag-IBIG, which stands for Pagtutulungan sa Kinabukasan: Ikaw, Bangko, Industria, at Gobyerno, has been helping the Filipino people with loans and affordable housing programs since June 11, 1978. Here are just some of the benefits it can give: housing loan, short-term loan, multi-purpose loan, calamity loan, and it also has Provident Savings that a member can withdraw at its maturity date.
While the membership of the Pag-IBIG Fund is mandatory for people earning Php 1,000 and above, it is also open for voluntary membership. This is as long as the interested individual is at least 18 years old but not more than 65 years old and has passed the eligibility requirements. More information on the Pag-IBIG website here.
- Philippines’ Central Bank Urges Correspondent Banks to Use Blockchain
- Smartmatic Studying Blockchain Implementation for Philippine Elections
- Telegram Groups of PH Blockchain Companies
- List of Licensed Virtual Currency Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Exchanges in the Philippines
- List of CEZA-Approved Offshore Crypto Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Wallets
- List of Bitcoin Wallets
- List of LoyalCoin Partners
- Philippines Blockchain Business Directory
- List of Philippine Blockchain Events
- Bitcoin to PHP
- Cryptocurrency Charts in Pesos
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here.
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter!
- Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.