Subscribe to our newsletter!
- GCash has launched the International Buy Load feature on its app, allowing Filipinos to purchase and send prepaid load to their loved ones residing in 21 different countries.
- GCash Overseas, which offers services such as Send Money, Bank Transfers, Load, Pay Bills, and Cash In, has been launched in four countries: Japan, Italy, Australia, and the United States, with plans to expand in the future.
- GCash has also partnered with Ant Group’s Alipay+ to offer cross-border payments in South Korea, Japan, Singapore, and Malaysia.
Local mobile wallet giant GCash continues to expand overseas as it gears up to offer more global services with the International Buy Load feature on the app. This feature will enable Filipinos to conveniently purchase and send load to their loved ones residing in 21 different countries.
“It is GCash’s mission to make the lives of the Filipinos better every day and this is not only for our local users but extends to their families no matter where they may be in the globe. We recognize the sacrifices our OFWs had to endure to give a better future to their families,” GCash president and CEO Martha Sazon stated.
Sazon continued, “That’s why recently, we have been doubling up our efforts to improve their connection to their loved ones in the Philippines. GCash will continue to innovate and improve our services for our modern-day heroes.”
Buy Load International Availability
The new buy load feature will allow Filipinos to access 48 international telecommunications providers and buy prepaid load for their relatives, allowing them “to stay connected no matter where they are in the world.”
The service will be accessible in the following nations: Egypt, Ghana, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, Vietnam, Yemen, and Zambia.
For now, the feature will be under beta mode. Users will be able to purchase load for an international number through the new load feature, which works in a comparable manner to the existing buy load feature on the app. The complete release is anticipated in the latter half of 2023.
Prior to this, GCash recently launched GCash Overseas to four countries which can access services such as Send Money, Bank Transfers, Load, Pay Bills, and Cash In.
At present, GCash Overseas is in beta testing, with access limited to 1,000 registered users. However, GCash has confirmed plans to expand the range of services for international SIMs in the future.
How to Register in GCash Overseas
- Step 1: Select the corresponding country.
- Step 2: Enter the information needed.
- Step 3: Set MPIN.
- Step 4: Prepare a Philippine passport or any Philippine-issued ID for scanning to verify the account.
- Step 5: Enroll in facial verification.
- Step 6: Input additional information and submit the application.
- Step 7: Wait for SMS confirmation.
GCash Asia Availability
Last year, GCash was made available in four countries in Asia–South Korea, Japan, Singapore, and Malaysia–through its partnership with Chinese fintech giant Ant Group’s Alipay+. The collaboration allowed GCash users to do cross-border payments. (Read more: GCash Now Accepted in South Korea, Japan, Singapore, and Malaysia)
In South Korea, where the first integration was launched, GCash users can use the e-wallet at Alipay+ partner establishments located at Myeong-Dong, Dong Dae Moon, Hong Dae, Itaewon, and Seoul Namsan Tower. These include Hyundai DFS, Lotte, Line Friends, Shilla DFS, Haidilao, Starbucks, and Paris Baguette. (Read more: GCash Users Can Now Transact in South Korean Stores via Alipay+)
This article is published on BitPinas: GCash’s Global Expansion: Buy Load in 21 Countries
Disclaimer: BitPinas articles and its external content are not financial advice. The team serves to deliver independent, unbiased news to provide information for Philippine-crypto and beyond.