December 19, 2018. Blockchain company TraXion has launched “Kadena Hub” a co-working space in Davao City that is set to incubate startups in Mindanao.
The “Blockchain Incubation Hub and Center of Excellence” has a 120-person capacity and will rise at Mabini cor Araullo St., Bgy. 9-A, Poblacion, Davao City. The hub will begin training blockchain developers by January 2019.
In a statement, TraXion CEO Ann Cuisa Lindayag said that the hub aims to “enable startup access to new technologies, digital assets, network, market, mentorship, and funding.” Startups can start applying by January 15, 2019 for incubation.
Kadena Hub is a TraXion project under its “One Mindanao” Program. This initiative aims an ecosystem that includes microentrepreneurs to the largest Mindanao businesses. TraXion utilizes blockchain to extend financial services in the agriculture and micro-entrepreneurship sector. It will provide peer-to-peer lending, a channel to give charities, remittance and access to government services.
In a previous report, Ms. Cuisa Lindayag mentioned in an interview that the Philippines is ready for a blockchain-based elections “with the right providers and consultants.” She also added that the government is currently doing an acid test to see how far and how sincere it can be to provide transparency and traceability of government transactions to the public.
A blockchain research hub was also opened at the Ateneo de Manila University. Called “Amberlab”, it aims to be a think tank where “minds from different fields will collaborate to maximize IT to solve society’s problems”. The hub is a partnership primarily by Ateneo, MediXserve, and NEM.
The Cagayan Economic Zone Authority (CEZA) also aims to build a blockchain hub in Cagayan to support the growing need for blockchain talent in the economic zone.
This article originally appeared on BitPinas: TraXion Set To Launch Kadena Hub – Blockchain Hub in Mindanao
- List of Licensed Virtual Currency Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Exchanges in the Philippines
- List of CEZA-Approved Offshore Crypto Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Wallets
- List of Bitcoin Wallets
- List of LoyalCoin Partners
- Philippines Blockchain Business Directory
- List of Philippine Blockchain Events
- Bitcoin to PHP
- Cryptocurrency Charts in Pesos
Notes and Disclaimer:
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter!
- Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here.