The Philippine Fintech Festival to be held on May 20-21, 2020 is set to explore the potential of tech and fintech in the Philippines.
The event is in partnership with various government agencies including the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT), Department of Science and Technology (DOST), and Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), as well as private corporations and organizations such as the Distributed Ledger Technology Association of the Philippines (DLTAP) and the FinTech Philippines Association (FPH).
“The Philippine Fintech Festival promised to be a showcase of the latest technological innovations both here and abroad to local and international businesses. This will definitely go a long way in helping us develop the country’s capability for innovation through the continuous development of information and communication technology,” said DICT Undersecretary Jose Arturo de Castro.
The event is set to gather experts in banking, industry transformation, and financial inclusion. Festival Highlights include a “Tech Experience Zone” and 3 “Festival Tracks”. For the “Tech Experience Zone”, which is the festival’s main highlight, it will provide an interactive experience on how they may be applied to industries and enterprises.
There will be 3 Festival Tracks: 1) Future pf Finance, 2) Transforming Industries, and 3) Blockchain for Enterprise. Some of the confirmed lineup of speakers include the following:
- Jason Calacanis – Angel Investor of Uber
- Lowell Campbell – Global Digital Finance Specialist at IFC World Bank Group
- Karl Kendrick Chua – Undersecretary of the Department of Finance
- Ron Hose – Founder of Coins.ph
- Sophia Lopez – Founder and CEO of Kaleido
- Sopnedu Mohanty – Chief Fintech Officer of the Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Victor Paterno – CEO of 7-Eleven
The Philippine Fintech Festival (PFF) will also be host to side events, including Business Matching, Trade Connect, Hackathon, the PFF Awards, and The Final Pitch Philippine Fintech Festival Edition, an hour of lightning round pitches from startups with angel investors and industry leaders here and abroad as judges.
According to DLTAP, FPH, and UnionBank Chairman Justo Ortiz, closely working together with various government and industry partners in putting up PFF 2020 because this is an opportunity to showcase the Philippines’ capabilities in the fintech space.
During the press conference held on February 10, 2020 attended by BitPinas, Dr. Ortiz said the Philippines – with its English speaking, tech and mobile-savvy population represents a big potential, and that is the reason why many companies globally want to incubate in the country. He said that through the Philippine Fintech Festival, he hopes the next Philippine *Unicorn will come out of it.
*A unicorn is a privately held startup company valued at over $1 billion.
This article is published on BitPinas: Philippine Fintech Festival to be Held on May 20 – 21, 2020
BitPinas is an independent blockchain and cryptocurrency news site covering the crypto and blockchain news and developments in the Philippines. We aim to be the website where you can find all information on blockchain and crypto in the Philippines. We are read by investors and enthusiasts alike, including crypto/blockchain company founders and government personnel. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, consulting advice, and partnerships. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Contact and Subscribe to BitPinas:
- Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every Monday, Friday, or when there’s breaking news you need to read on your email.
- Join BitPinas on Telegram
- Follow on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and updates
- Disclaimer: All articles on BitPinas must be treated as not an investment advice. Readers are encouraged to do their own research. This website is not responsible for any loss incurred by the reader, nor will it take credit for their gains.
- For news tips, partnership discussions, or press release submissions, please send to email@example.com