- GCash partners with Axie Infinity to enhance the Filipino web3 gaming experience.
- The collaboration will introduce a direct on-ramp and off-ramp portal within GCash’s GCrypto platform.
- GCrypto will enable secure transfer of cryptocurrency from Axie’s ecosystem and easy conversion of in-game currencies to fiat money or Philippine pesos within the same app, serving as a conversion portal for other Ronin ecosystem games.
Local e-wallet giant GCash has recently partnered with the popular web3 game Axie Infinity to enhance the on-chain gaming community experience. This collaboration will introduce a direct on-ramp and off-ramp portal within GCash’s cryptocurrency platform, GCrypto.
Table of Contents
Gcash x Axie Infinity
According to the announcement, the collaboration will enable Filipino web3 gamers to move their cryptocurrency from the Axie ecosystem to GCrypto securely. Moreover, within the same app, users can effortlessly convert their in-game currencies into fiat money or Philippine pesos.
In addition, the firms highlighted that GCrypto will also serve as a conversion portal for other games within Sky Mavis’ Ronin ecosystem, such as Pixels.
- Ron Token Axie Infinity Guide | How to Farm and Earn RON via Staking and Providing Liquidity
- Ronin-Based Pixels Airdrop Confirmed – How To Be Eligible
The statement emphasized that the partnership prioritizes following industry standards and introducing new measures for improved user safety and security, ensuring a more secure and enjoyable experience.
“This collaboration is another step ahead in our mission to transform the potential of blockchain technology and to democratize it even more, going beyond the purchase, sale, and maintenance of cryptocurrencies in the GCash app.”Luis Buenaventura, Head of Crypto, GCash
He also noted that through collaboration with Axie Infinity and its Ronin ecosystem, GCrypto will persist in accomplishing its goal of eliminating financial and technical obstacles in crypto gaming, with a primary focus on ensuring user safety.
“The Philippines is the beating heart of Web3 gaming. GCash has over 80 million installs in PH and we’re ecstatic to bring economic freedom to this massive community. This partnership will make it even easier to onboard everyday people to our movement.”Jeff Zirlin, Co-Founder, Sky Mavis
Axie Infinity in the Philippines
As per the statement, it was emphasized that Filipinos constitute a significant portion, up to 50%, of Axie’s user base. Likewise, the country’s user base for Pixels has grown, establishing the Philippines as the game’s largest market with over 170,000 daily active users.
Recently, more than a year after its removal from the Axie Infinity Classic, the utility token Smooth Love Potion (SLP) was teased to return to v2. SLP is one of the key factors that kickstarted the game’s popularity in the Philippines in 2021.
Last November, Zirlin expressed gratitude and appreciation to the Filipino community during the Yield Guild Games (YGG) Web3 Games Summit (W3GS), on the same event, Axie Infinity Classic was officially relaunched.
Sky Mavis also launched a merchandise store that includes figurines, plushies, and apparel through a partnership with Grab, an e-wallet app in Southeast Asia. The initiative provides Grab points as rewards for exploring the Axie Infinity Merch Store through ads on the Grab app.
Recent GCrypto News
Earlier this month, GCrypto in partnership with non-fungible token (NFT) marketplace Likha, and art gallery Vinyl on Vinyl facilitated the exclusive collaboration between Filipino-American rapper Apl.de.ap and artist Bitto for a phygital art collection.
This article is published on BitPinas: GCash, Axie Infinity Partner For Web3 Gaming Experiences
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, it is essential that you carry out your own due diligence and seek appropriate professional advice about your specific position before making any financial decisions.
- BitPinas provides content for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.