- MetaSports CEO Joe Josue announced that he has “taken official reign” to lead the Filipino-founded NFT project and that it is now an intellectual property supported by the media house and agency for gaming and esports.
- In a statement, Josue shared that supporting the Kūsho IP is the first move of his firm in contributing to the anime culture in the country, despite MetaSports’ focus on gaming.
- MetaSports is also behind the IPs of the Lunacian Sports League, Kookoo Crypto TV, YellowPanther, and SEAesport News & Media.
Months after his personal acquisition of Kusho World, MetaSports CEO Joe Josue confirmed on Wednesday that he has “taken official reign” to lead the Filipino-founded NFT project.
Alongside the announcement, Josue also announced that Kusho is now an intellectual property (IP) supported by the media house and agency for gaming and esports.
MetaSports Secures Kusho IP
In a statement, Josue shared that supporting the Kūsho IP is the first move of his firm in contributing to the anime culture in the country.
“Kūsho World aims to become a globally recognized Philippine consumer market brand, born from a Filipino PFP project. This is the first announced among Metasports’ developing ventures into anime culture, an area they identify as a core gaming-adjacent sector,” Kusho said in a media release.
This is not the first time that MetaSports has owned a certain IP, as it is also behind the IPs of the Lunacian Sports League, a tournament for the play-to-earn game Axie Infinity; Kookoo Crypto TV, a popular web3-focused content creator in the country; YellowPanther, a Malaysia-based content creator; and SEAesport News & Media, an esports-focused publication.
Josue Established as Founder
Kusho World is an anime-inspired profile picture NFT collection introduced in 2022, with its genesis collection of 5,555 PFPs sold out during the launch.
In a Twitter Space interview with BitPinas, Josue shared that he first met the founding team of Kusho through while preparing to participate in Conquest 2022, a gaming event by Acadarena, which he was then part of.
However, the NFT project has faced several issues after the event, in which Josue saw the opportunity to contact the founding team and offer an acquisition, but he received no response. The founders also started to leave at that time.
Josue then finally acquired it in March 2023. He also shared in the same interview his plans for the project, such as establishing Kusho as a legal entity and securing the necessary trademarks. This plan seems to be the reason why MetaSports now supports the Kusho IP.
Future plans of the CEO also include forming a labs team, the Malaya Labs, and the creation of the Kusho DAO, which will be called the “Kouncil.”
“I intend to lead Kūsho to be a globally reaching cultural IP, and the #1 born from a Philippine PFP project,” Josue highlighted.
“The current core community is small—but with no promotion since the takeover, it is alive, thriving, and growing with stickiness despite being virtually dead before we came over.”
Recent MetaSports Update
In 2021, following the success of Lunacian Scholarship League, or today’s Lunacian Sports League, and SEAesport, Josue confirmed the creation of the two entities’ “parent organization,” the “Metaverse Esport” or MetaSports. This parent org was said to aim esports and gaming for web3.
In January of this year, data aggregator and infrastructure provider for guilds and web3 projects, BlockchainSpace, announced that it has acquired the majority of shares of MetaSports.
Then, in February, Metasports signed a deal to become a co-owner of Oasis Gaming, with the aim of supporting the Philippine-based esports organization’s mission as the destination for gaming and esports communities in the Philippines and beyond.
MetaSports also entered into a collaboration in August with the decentralized autonomous organization Nouns DAO. The partnership is expected to bring Metasports’ SEAesport Community Showdown to spearhead the creation of community-building initiatives for casual gamers.
“Brighter days are ahead for Kūsho, and this will seem like a strange move to many today. But many of my own and my team’s successes have always been offbeat,” Josue concluded.
This article is published on BitPinas: Pinoy Anime NFT Collection Kusho World Now Part of Metasports
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, it is essential that you carry out your own due diligence and seek appropriate professional advice about your specific position before making any financial decisions.
- BitPinas provides content for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.