- Web3PH, a Filipino-led blockchain community, unveiled its 2024 roadmap, featuring various events for the year.
- In total, the community will host 7 events from January to November.
- Web3PH also shared that it hosted a Block Party during the Yield Guild Games (YGG) Web3 Games Summit in November.
Filipino-led blockchain community Web3PH recently shared its 2024 roadmap highlighting several events for this year. The community also highlighted that it hosted a party during the Yield Guild Games (YGG) Web3 Games Summit last November.
Table of Contents
In a media release, the community formally announced its readiness to host an expanded calendar of events throughout the year, unveiling a comprehensive lineup spanning from January to November 2024.
Web3PH events lined up this year:
- Panimula: Kasaysayan At Kinabukasan — This event will be held this month; it is a gathering for prominent figures in the technology industry.
- Crypto Night — These upcoming community meetups for crypto enthusiasts will be in February and May. In October 2022, a Crypto Night was held in collaboration with Binance.
- The Beauty of Crypto — This event, to be held in March, will be about merging technology and aesthetics.
- CODECAMP — Scheduled in July, CODECAMP is an initiative that aims to onboard a million Filipinos into web3.
- UNDOXXED — Slated for September, this meetup will be a token-gated event.
- Web3PH Summit —While the summit was not able to push through last year, the community teases that this year’s Web3PH summit will be in October.
- Block Party — Making its debut last YGG W3GS, Web3PH highlighted that the party will be back in November.
According to Web3PH, each of these events aims to promote collaboration, facilitate policy-making, foster industry growth, and encourage community engagement are highlighted to reflect the organization’s dedication to propelling the country to the forefront of the digital era.
Moreover, in addition to the events, Web3PH also noted that it is actively expanding and seeking partnerships and sponsorships to invite organizations to play a role in shaping the evolving web3 landscape in the Philippines. The statement encourages contributions of resources, expertise, and vision, emphasizing the potential to play a crucial role in connecting technology and community for the future.
“We extend an open invitation to potential sponsors and partners to embark on this transformative journey with us. Your participation is not just about backing successful events but about forging lasting impacts in the realms of innovation and collaboration,” the statement read.
According to Justin Wee, a core member of Web3PH, the organization is just “getting started.”
“2024 is set to be a pivotal year for us, and we’re thrilled to continue this journey with the support of our community. Together, we’re shaping the future of technology in the Philippines.”Justin Wee, Core Member, Web3PH
On November 17, 2023, Web3PH, with major support from OKX crypto exchange, hosted the “Block Party” in Makati as a side-event to the YGG Games Summit 2023.
The event drew over 400 attendees and more than 100 industry leaders, including representatives from tech giants like OKX and KardiaChain. Web3PH noted that the gathering served as a significant platform to showcase the potential within the Filipino web3 community, featuring captivating performances, intellectually stimulating discussions, interactive exhibitions, and valuable networking opportunities.
“This event was not just about celebration, but a commitment to our future. The funds raised are dedicated to educational initiatives to empower and uplift our community through upskilling and reskilling programs.”Christopher Star, Founding Member, Web3PH
Consequently, Web3PH emphasized that the Block Party’s success is a clear testament to the growing interest and support for web3 in the country.
“The incredible turnout and vibrant energy at the event are indicative of the Filipino community’s readiness to embrace the web3 revolution. We’re excited to be at the forefront of this movement.”Ritch Traballo, Volunteer Member, Web3PH
For more public web3 events in the Philippines, visit the BitPinas event page.
This article is published on BitPinas: Web3 PH Hosted Block Party at W3GS, Reveals 2024 Roadmap
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, it is essential that you carry out your own due diligence and seek appropriate professional advice about your specific position before making any financial decisions.
- BitPinas provides content for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.