There are a number of ways in which we can rank cryptocurrencies today. The most popular so far is to rank them according to their market volume. Here at Bitpinas, we use Coinmarketcap’s listing when we mention statements such as “the 7th best-performing cryptocurrency”, etc.
One website, however, uses Github activity to rank them.
CryptoMiso – Cryptocurrency Github Ranking
Table of Contents
CryptoMiso is a website that ranks cryptocurrencies based on the number of Github commits they have. Github commits are changes, additions, or revisions made to the code of the cryptocurrency project. The number of commits and recency are good signals if the projects are still active or not.
The Top 10 Cryptocurrencies based on Github Commits
Let’s round up the 10 cryptocurrencies with the most recent major Github commits as of January 30, 2019. (CryptoMiso does not track minor commits to the code, only changes to the Core repository). Let’s also post their Coinmarketcap rankings at the time we wrote this article.
|Best Cryptocurrencies By Github Activity (January 30, 2018)|
|10.||Raiden Network Token||RDN||102|
How about the current top 10 in Coinmarkecap?
In this section, we look at how the best-performing cryptocurrencies stack up against each other in terms of Github commits.
|Coinmarketcap’s Top 10 and their Ranking on CryptoMiso|
|Coinmarketcap Ranking||Cryptocurrency||Coin||CryptoMiso Ranking|
Why is this important?
While you can only see so much in terms of Github commits, investors may want to look at the website to find out if projects are being taken care of. Naturally, there should be a lot of activity on projects that have not yet launch. However, activity on older projects – like in Bitcoin (No. 7 in Github Commits, No. 1 in Coinmarketcap), should help you decide on where to put your investments.
We stress that looking at the number of Github commits is not the only way to judge a cryptocurrency’s value.
Special thanks to bitcoin.com for bringing this website to everyone’s attention.
- How to buy Ethereum in the Philippines
- How to buy Cardano in the Philippines
- Cryptocurrency Wallets for Philippine users
- List of Licensed Virtual Currency Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Exchanges in the Philippines
- List of CEZA-Approved Offshore Crypto Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Wallets
- List of Bitcoin Wallets
- List of LoyalCoin Partners
- Philippines Blockchain Business Directory
- List of Philippine Blockchain Events
- Bitcoin to PHP
- Cryptocurrency Charts in Pesos
Notes and Disclaimer:
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter! Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here.
- Invest in bitcoins (or in any altcoins) only the amount you can afford to lose!
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your bitcoin and cryptocurrency investment.
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, check the people behind it, its mission, and other details to ensure that they are worth investing for. Don’t invest in something you don’t know.
- This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. There is no substitute for doing your own research. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.