Blockchain City of the South? Cebu Successfully Hosted Back-to-Back Community Meetups
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- Cebu successfully hosted back-to-back community meetups for the Web3 Cebu Community, starting with the Cebu Crypto Night organized by Coins.ph on February 24, followed by the Web3 Cebu Community Meetup on February 25.
- The panels during the meetup discussed the benefits of adopting blockchain technology for businesses in the future, with speakers such as Jeff Caceres of Web3 Lounge and Raine Laluna of Filipinas NFT emphasizing the importance of educating people about the industry.
- The Visayas region is set to host more community meetups for the first quarter of the year, including Web3 Dumaguete Community Meetup on March 11, Web3 Bohol Community Meetup on March 12, and Crypto Staking Conference 2023 in Tacloban on March 25.
CEBU, Philippines—After a month of preparation, the Cebu Web3 Community has organized a back-to-back meetup at the Queen City of the South, Cebu City.
The Cebu Crypto Night, which was organized by local exchange giant Coins.ph on the evening of February 24, was followed by the Web3 Cebu Community Meetup on the evening of February 25.
The Cebu Crypto Night happened at the Mandarin Plaza Hotel from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The said event was kicked off by Coins.ph’s General Director, Eprom Galang.
While the Web3 Cebu Community Meetup happened at the enspace Cebu from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.The said event was kicked off by Jeff Caceres, also known as NomadFury and founder of Web3 Lounge.
During the panel discussion, joined by Caceres, Filipinas NFT’s Raine Laluna, USDFX’s Victor Bansuelo, Volume Day Trader, Cryptology Academy’s Joerald Pepito, and Coins.ph’s Elijah Tan, the panels agreed with each other that adopting blockchain technology is a good thing for businesses in the future.
“Knowing that crypto and web3 are digital innovations, the businesses and MSMEs do not need to be afraid to adopt these innovations because this is the future of the market,” Pepito explained.
In a prior BitPinas Twitter Space, Caceres and Laluna emphasized that the main goal of the ongoing consecutive community meetups in the Visayas region is to educate the Bisaya people.
The NomadFury founder even admitted that one of the challenges that they are facing is dealing with people who think that the crypto and web3 industry is a scam. According to him, others believe in this idea because of the current crypto winter, where the prices of cryptocurrencies and digital items are down.
“So, I could address these concerns in the event through proper education and instilling the right mindset about the real spaces and fundamentals and equipping their minds on being financially literate and learning to manage risk. I believe by educating them with the right mindset and proper risk management, lalo na sa crypto, blockchain, NFT, at web3 industry,” Caceres proclaimed.
BitPinas has curated a list of community meetups that are set to happen and have already happened in the Visayas region for the first quarter of the year:
- January 7: Web3 Bacolod Community Meetup
- January 18: Binance Meetup Cebu
- February 18: Web3 Bacolod Community Meetup
- February 23:Cebu Blockchain Group Meetup
- February 24: Cebu Crypto Night
- February 25: Cebu Community Meetup
- March 11: Web3 Dumaguete Community Meetup
- March 12: Web3 Bohol Community Meetup
- March 24: Web3 Leyte Community Meetup
- March 25: Crypto Staking Conference 2023 (Tacloban)
- March 27: Bitcoin Island Retreat (Boracay)
This article is published on BitPinas: Blockchain City of the South? Cebu Successfully Hosted Back-to-Back Community Meetups
Disclaimer: BitPinas articles and its external content are not financial advice. The team serves to deliver independent, unbiased news to provide information for Philippine-crypto and beyond.