February 14, 2020 – Soon, Filipinos can conduct real-time cash deposits and withdrawals in 7-Eleven outlets in the Philippines, to be made possible by its “cash-recycling” ATMs.
According to Philippine Seven Corporation, it inked an agreement with the Japanese PITO AxM Platform (PAPI) to deploy “cash-recycling” ATMS in 7-eleven outlets across the country, with the intention that all outlets will have such ATMs in the future.
These ATMs can dispense banknotes of 7-Eleven and PAPI partner banks and of course, can be accessed 7 days a week.
Philippine Seven Corporation (PSC) is the franchise holder of 7-Eleven, owned by 7-Eleven Japan, which counts PAPI and the Seven Bank as its subsidiaries.
According to PSC president Jose Victor Paterno, the rapid growth of payments made by Cliqq payments inside 7-Eleven stores is a mark that the increasingly digitized economy provides demand for digital cash. He also noted that after the ATM, 7-Eleven will be building more services on top of its outlets, recycling ATMs, and the Cliqq app.
Source: GMA News
BitPinas is an independent blockchain and cryptocurrency news site covering the crypto and blockchain news and developments in the Philippines. We aim to be the website where you can find all information on blockchain and crypto in the Philippines. We are read by investors and enthusiasts alike, including crypto/blockchain company founders and government personnel. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, consulting advice, and partnerships. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Contact and Subscribe to BitPinas:
- Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every Monday, Friday, or when there’s breaking news you need to read on your email.
- Join BitPinas on Telegram
- Follow on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and updates
- Disclaimer: All articles on BitPinas must be treated as not an investment advice. Readers are encouraged to do their own research. This website is not responsible for any loss incurred by the reader, nor will it take credit for their gains.
- For news tips, partnership discussions, or press release submissions, please send to email@example.com